A few clips

aloft

...from my aerial mapping adventures last season, all shot with my Canon SD400 clipped to the glareshield for both stability and hands-free set & forget reasons. I have a few others yet to be uploaded, I'll post those soon. No reason to have the sound on unless you like engine noise.

Sedona, AZ
[yt]HGLnmzHI4tY[/yt]

SoCal
[yt]8igxoilaFB4[/yt]

Pinal Airpark, AZ
[yt]CQlbTBJ2MM0[/yt]

New Orleans
[yt]HT5kFdu0McI[/yt]

Medford, OR - my first departure in actual IMC
[yt]uVS5kP2mgIA[/yt]

Heading back to New Orleans Lakefront after a day's shooting
[yt]QjEXd7k8qtY[/yt]

Ventura, CA enroute to Camarillo - also after the day's shooting
[yt]0Ou9luw%46uck[/yt]

Olympia, WA - probably the smoothest landing I ever made! The carburetor started dumping fuel upon shutdown after that landing. :-( I dig that my shadow was in frame on short final.
[yt]0hI6xLP8h0k[/yt]

Sedona is such a cool place to fly into! What type of clip do you have? Is it something that came with the camera?

What type of clip do you have? Is it something that came with the camera?

It's just a little homemade contraption, the clamp portion came from an $8 clip-on desk lamp, to which I attached the ball mount from a cheapo Targus table-top tripod. Works great tho; it's stable, adjustable and keeps the camera from vibrating noticeably.

For some reason, the videos look like crap when uploaded to YouTube, but burned to DVD, they look fantastic. Something to do with Canon's video format, I think.

great videos!!! loved the imc one, but when you broke out on top, I found myself leaning to the right in my chair. I was starting to spin :panic:

Fantastic.
I've flown to Sedona a couple times. It's an interesting approach/departure either way.

And the Medford vid was fun!...maybe because I haven't done IMC in....let's see....4 years!

...from my aerial mapping adventures last season, all shot with my Canon SD400 clipped to the glareshield for both stability and hands-free set & forget reasons. I have a few others yet to be uploaded, I'll post those soon. No reason to have the sound on unless you like engine noise.

Hey Matt - those are really cool. I gotta get me one of those.

:rawk:

I'm totally looking forward to my upcoming mapping gig (going to work for Landcare this season) but I sure wish I was flying out west. I'm going to be so jonesin' for AK after my upcoming east coast adventure.

Back