A dark day

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
First day of BWS starts today. I’m so depressed. I really can’t fathom how they expect me to work 40 hours EVERY week after this last 14 months.

If it makes you feel better, I present you this light at the end of the dark tunnel (at least for me anyway..):cool:

BF013F7E-3241-471F-B8AD-EACB9D85F92B.jpeg
BF013F7E-3241-471F-B8AD-EACB9D85F92B.jpeg

Thats crazy you guys made it this long!

We've been on BWS since November because they couldnt get selfish idiots to turn in their leave for the holidays, and at least my area has been on 6 day weeks since end of Feb or so.

I had never felt so rested as I did on the 5/5 and 5/10. I literally find myself exhausted at work sometimes now, where that never happened before. Its almost like our scheduled is designed to be as awful as possible on the human body.

Thats crazy you guys made it this long!

We've been on BWS since November because they couldnt get selfish idiots to turn in their leave for the holidays, and at least my area has been on 6 day weeks since end of Feb or so.

I had never felt so rested as I did on the 5/5 and 5/10. I literally find myself exhausted at work sometimes now, where that never happened before. Its almost like our scheduled is designed to be as awful as possible on the human body.

dude if someone here refused to turn in leave and force the area back to normal schedule, they would have been beaten to death in the parking lot and thrown in the Covanta furnace. And i think PHL is still 5/10 til sometime this month.

when I got my physical this year, it was the first time in almost a decade my blood pressure wasn’t pre-hypertension.

I remember at LA Tracon the schedule was two days (like 6am), two swings, and a mid. I always thought that was a brutal body clock flip flop resulting in horrible quality of life. Some people can deal with it but would not have worked well for me. Night freight is better. All mids for a week and a week off.

I remember at LA Tracon the schedule was two days (like 6am), two swings, and a mid. I always thought that was a brutal body clock flip flop resulting in horrible quality of life. Some people can deal with it but would not have worked well for me. Night freight is better. All mids for a week and a week off.

that’s called The Ironman schedule. Some places still do it, it all depends what they vote for. We alternate week of days, week of swings and then some mids thrown in every few months. Usually able to trade away the mids though easily enough.

Yeah, guys would trade away the mids. There would be one controller and a supe on the mid. One guy would sleep in the breakroom and they would trade off. It actually worked fine but there was an incident somewhere else where a controller fell asleep and the supe wasn't there to wake him up (or visa versa) and they put an end to sleeping half your shift in the breakroom.

We do 2 Swings, 2 days, then a mid or a day. It sucks and that first day shift always hits you like a brick. Theres nothing like leaving the Center at 915PM and then clocking right back in at 615AM. The guys at ZOA Oceanic will work the same flight twice on two different shifts lol.

1500-2300
1330-2130
0630-1430
0600-1400
2230-0630 OR 0530-1330
OT 0600-1400 OR Day Off
Day Off OR OT 1430-2230
Thats what our 7 day schedule is....and people wonder why we're always grumpy haha.

Theres nothing like leaving the Center at 915PM and then clocking right back in at 615AM.

except when you show up to work at 0630, leave at 1430, and then come back for your mid at 2230

also y’all gotta vote for a new schedule. That chit is terrible

that’s called The Ironman schedule.

we have to have 10 hours off to reset crew rest. So the Satan’s Special is 8 on, 10 off and repeat until reaching 40 for the week. Makes for about a 3 on, 4 off-ish schedule.

Back