92 year old paperboy

I saw that when it came on - and while I thought the story was great ... still flying at 92? Thank God there's not much for him to hit out there.

I saw that when it came on - and while I thought the story was great ... still flying at 92? Thank God there's not much for him to hit out there.

Harold Neumann, winner of the 1935 Thompson Trophy, performed aerobatics and even competed well into his 80's. "Bite" Livingston, brother to the famous Johnny Livingston, flew into his 90's. Bite was neat because he showed me his original pilots license that was signed by Orville Wright. My first ride behind an OX5 engine came from a guy that was 85 in a Travel Air 2000 that had flown with Benny Howard back when Howard was in Houston prior to building race planes. Those old guys do alright.

Harold Neumann, winner of the 1935 Thompson Trophy, performed aerobatics and even competed well into his 80's. "Bite" Livingston, brother to the famous Johnny Livingston, flew into his 90's. Bite was neat because he showed me his original pilots license that was signed by Orville Wright. My first ride behind an OX5 engine came from a guy that was 85 in a Travel Air 2000 that had flown with Benny Howard back when Howard was in Houston prior to building race planes. Those old guys do alright.

I'm sure a lot of them do - but it makes you wonder when they decide to call it quits. I only worry because if it's anything like driving, it's not until after they've embedded their vehicle half way into a Walgreen's.

I'm sure a lot of them do - but it makes you wonder when they decide to call it quits. I only worry because if it's anything like driving, it's not until after they've embedded their vehicle half way into a Walgreen's.

I think guys that are still mentally sharp like that primarily give up when the eyesight goes bad.

preview_image_thumbnail.php

This makes me think of the "country kitchen" south park episode only with old people in airplanes :rotfl:

Back