91.213 lists ALL the areas and regulations to check- including 91.205 as well as the steps to follow if something is inoperative. Which is why a pilot should start there. Again, if CFIs would stop teaching students to go to 91.205, or even worse to memorize it, this ( failing to placard an item inoperative) would not be a problem.
agreed, you are wording it much better than I am

91.213 lists ALL the areas and regulations to check- including 91.205 as well as the steps to follow if something is inoperative. Which is why a pilot should start there. Again, if CFIs would stop teaching students to go to 91.205, or even worse to memorize it,
Your approach to this gives me so much joy. I'm almost kvelling even though I had nothing to do with it.

Again, if CFIs would stop teaching students to go to 91.205, or even worse to memorize it, this ( failing to placard an item inoperative) would not be a problem.

I was half asleep last night so this did not occur to me, but while I agree 100% with the above, it would be just as true if you worded it:

"If Examiners would stop asking for just 91.205, and even worse accepting a rote memorization of it....."

You get what I mean?

The problem is systemic in nature, unfortunately most CFIs only teach what they know the examiner will accept.

Your approach to this gives me so much joy. I'm almost kvelling even though I had nothing to do with it.

Hey, new word!!! :cool:

Twice in one week!!!

hat_tip.gif

I was half asleep last night so this did not occur to me, but while I agree 100% with the above, it would be just as true if you worded it:

"If Examiners would stop asking for just 91.205, and even worse accepting a rote memorization of it....."

You get what I mean?

The problem is systemic in nature, unfortunately most CFIs only teach what they know the examiner will accept.

I agree 100%.

Back