88 or 90?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's cool there is a fuel reset button right on the panel. In the CRJ2 we have to go into a sub menu of the fuel synoptic and then reset it. There is a whole EICAS screen and two buttons that serve no other pupose but to reset fuel usage.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I have to ask: where do you work? With EICAS 2000, this is no longer needed. I haven't reset the fuel ticker in almost 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sort of miss-wrote that. In order to reset the fuel number you have to do that. However, it resets its self as needed. Some of the stuff we do is strange, but we aren't that bass ackwards.

[ QUOTE ]
In order to reset the fuel number you have to do that. However, it resets its self as needed. Some of the stuff we do is strange, but we aren't that bass ackwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well, I still don't get it. It resets itself. Why does PSA train you to do what will automatically be done?

Not picking on ya, 'cuz goodness knows we have our fair share of stupid stuff over here.

They don't teach reseting. In fact, I've only seen it reset once before. It's mostly just the engineering fact I was talking about. They spent all sorts of money designing two buttons for the CAS and menu screen on EICAS. Where as on the MD90 it is simply one push button.

The only time the fuel reset button is used is during preflight. The 'fuel used' button isn't part of any procedure or any checklist and is largely useless information. The FMS doesn't even look at it!
smile.gif

Kind of like testing the CVR. Why the hell do I care if it works or not?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They don't teach reseting. In fact, I've only seen it reset once before. It's mostly just the engineering fact I was talking about. They spent all sorts of money designing two buttons for the CAS and menu screen on EICAS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. I never look at what I've used since we (generally) burn less than planned. I'm more concerned with how much I have left.

At ASA dispatch tracks all of our fuel burns for planning purposes. They make us call in our burns when we get on the ground and give them our on/in times. Also, those buttons would have to be used if you had an FMS defferal.

Doug Taylor said:
That's right, chief!

I had a real scary situation last time I played matchmaker and I'm not going thru THAT again!

Come on Doug. "Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch..."

Back