88 or 90?

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
6830.jpg

I can't quite match the times, but I am gonna say M90:

Departing City (Airport) Atlanta (Hartsfield Atlanta Intl)

Departure Gate B23(ATL)

Carrier Delta
Equipment Type McDonnell Douglas MD-90
Arriving City Cincinnati (Cincinnati/Northern Ky Intl)

Arriving Gate B21(CVG)

Flight Distance (miles) 372

Was I close?

The clue is right in the picture!

I could have asked, "Well, has this aircraft flown recently?"
smile.gif

Seeing as the EGT is up I'm guessing it flew in the past few hours. That's cool there is a fuel reset button right on the panel. In the CRJ2 we have to go into a sub menu of the fuel synoptic and then reset it. There is a whole EICAS screen and two buttons that serve no other pupose but to reset fuel usage.

Actually, it was almost reading ambient temperature and hadn't been flown for a while!
smile.gif

It's a MD-90. The N2 readout doesn't have the round dial that the -88 does.

Funny note about flying both aircraft. The MD-90 has great carbon fiber brakes, whereas the MD-88 has brakes that tend to chatter at low ground speeds. So we're swinging into the gate area and I'm not sure if the captain remembered that he's taxiing an -88 so I politely say, "I wonder since it's warm if the brakes are going to 'chatter'".

Then, *gah* *gah* *GAGAGAGGAGAGCK!*:) Gotta love the superstrech EFIS-Nine!
smile.gif

The -88 brakes always make that chatter you and I know when waiting to chock it you think as the Capt gets the yellow he would slow down but some keep coming and the hit the brakes and almost makes a skidding sound

Most guys keep a little speed on until the yellow light comes on. If you lose momentum taxiing single engine, it's a pain in the rump to get it started again! I think some of the gate areas have a slight incline to them as well.

I dunno. The tiller's not on my side!

[ QUOTE ]
Most guys keep a little speed on until the yellow light comes on. If you lose momentum taxiing single engine, it's a pain in the rump to get it started again! I think some of the gate areas have a slight incline to them as well.

I dunno. The tiller's not on my side!

[/ QUOTE ]

More motivation to be a four striper...
grin.gif

-Matthew

(jetway phone rings)

"Hello? Oh hi Mr. Chief Pilot! ohh.. You sound angry...who?? What?? Ok, just a second..."

"Hey Skipper! I'm going to go get a Starbucks, do ya want one? Oh, by the way, the chief pilot's on the phone, wants to speak to you and boy is he pissed! Not even a latte? Are ya sure! Ok, don't leave without me!"

[ QUOTE ]
(jetway phone rings)

"Hello? Oh hi Mr. Chief Pilot! ohh.. You sound angry...who?? What?? Ok, just a second..."

"Hey Skipper! I'm going to go get a Starbucks, do ya want one? Oh, by the way, the chief pilot's on the phone, wants to speak to you and boy is he pissed! Not even a latte? Are ya sure! Ok, don't leave without me!"

[/ QUOTE ]

But...but dude chicks dig a four striper!!!

-Matthew

I picked up Kristie driving a Chevy Beretta with NO stripes!
smile.gif

And was so poor I had to bum some cash off of her for my MEI.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's love ... blind love... but love
grin.gif
or blind luck
nana2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good women...she have a cousin?

grin.gif

-Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah she's got a "cousin" but didn't we talk about that?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, Max. You know Doug don't play matchmaker.
grin.gif

That's right, chief!

I had a real scary situation last time I played matchmaker and I'm not going thru THAT again!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good women...she have a cousin?

grin.gif
-Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh c'mon Max, what do you want to do with the cousin, borrow her clothes? HA!
ooo.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah she's got a "cousin" but didn't we talk about that?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, Max. You know Doug don't play matchmaker.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Naaaaaw not trying to have him play matchmaker,matchmaker...It was kinda an inside joke on something both Doug and Kristie and I had talked about several times prior!

-Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
That's cool there is a fuel reset button right on the panel. In the CRJ2 we have to go into a sub menu of the fuel synoptic and then reset it. There is a whole EICAS screen and two buttons that serve no other pupose but to reset fuel usage.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I have to ask: where do you work? With EICAS 2000, this is no longer needed. I haven't reset the fuel ticker in almost 5 years.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(jetway phone rings)

[/ QUOTE ]

But...but dude chicks dig a four striper!!!

-Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

And of course the Deuce striper!

Back