8500-8

avro

What does the AME do with the 8500-8 after the medical? I know that the FAA gets the info via the internet, but doest the DR also mail a copy of the 8500 to the FAA?

Thanks

For the paper 8500-8, the AME keeps one copy, gives the airman 1 copy and mails one copy (the original) to the FAA. For the MedXpress 8500-8, there are no copies to mail, it is done completely on-line.

So when you do not use med express nothing is transferred via internet?

Or does the AME type in the info from your paper 8500-8 into the internet connection and send it and also mail the paper copy? Do you know what is done with the paper copy the FAA gets? Do we have two files in OKC, One paper and one in the computer? Do they even look at the paper medical if the AME issued the medical.

Sorry for all the questions. I am just curious how the system works.

So when you do not use med express nothing is transferred via internet?

Or does the AME type in the info from your paper 8500-8 into the internet connection and send it and also mail the paper copy? Do you know what is done with the paper copy the FAA gets? Do we have two files in OKC, One paper and one in the computer? Do they even look at the paper medical if the AME issued the medical.

Sorry for all the questions. I am just curious how the system works.

ALL medicals are transmitted via internet. The original of the paper copy is sent to OKC where they cross check it against the computer entry. It is kept on file so they have the original signature of the applicant. This is a legal thing in case they need to use it for enforcement actions. On the MedXprss application, you certify that the electronic "signature" - your password - attests to the truthfulness and accuracy of the facts on the application.

Back