787 jumpseat

boondr

Penalty Vectorer
Anyone tried it yet? I am thinking of doing my Flight Deck Training with one segment on the 787 and was wondering what the j/s was like.

I'd read somewhere that it's the same setup as the 777 cockpit (as far as seat location goes) but I don't know that for a fact.

777 is darn nice. Two very comfy jumpseats with pretty decent legroom. I'd rather ride up front on that bird than be stuck in steerage.

Hope the 787 is similar or better for all the commuters & bunkies out there.

boeing787interiorjumpseatfarn2010.jpg

jumpseat 787.jpg

Two very comfy jumpseats with pretty decent legroom. I'd rather ride up front on that bird than be stuck in steerage.

Many airliner jumpseats are steerage themselves.

L-1011 had very comfy jumpseats as did the DC-10.

That they are. In my experience the 777 & 767 were the two best. Never sat in the actual on 747, but it seemed nice whenever I've checked in.

The worst? Sitting biatch on 737. Ouch.

Years ago I was jumpseating from ANC to SEA after hanging out with Rocketman99 and an FO of his for a few days. I ended up having to take the jumpseat of an Alaska 737. I signed up for it right in front of an old FedEx guy. Being much younger and junior in the industry I (stupidly) offered to take the second jumpseat, thinking it was like an Airbus. Most painful 4 hours I've ever spent.

Years ago I was jumpseating from ANC to SEA after hanging out with Rocketman99 and an FO of his for a few days. I ended up having to take the jumpseat of an Alaska 737. I signed up for it right in front of an old FedEx guy. Being much younger and junior in the industry I (stupidly) offered to take the second jumpseat, thinking it was like an Airbus. Most painful 4 hours I've ever spent.

The 787 jumpseat doesn't look as big as the 777's...the Delta 777 has a big, comfy seat that moves up down, forward/aft with recline. Best jumpseat I've been on thus far...

How about the 380?

Am I speaking in gibberish tonight? :)

I was saying the 777 JS blows the A320's out of the water by a mile...no clue about the A380, that is a hideous looking aircraft, so I imagine the JS is just as hideous! (If JS comfort was a direct correlation to aircraft appearance, the 757 JS would be one of the best out there...but those of us who JS on the 75 frequently can attest to the "Eagle's Nest" being tough for over 3 hours)

777 jumpseat is decent. Built specifically for a heavy crew, so it's not just some foldout jumpseat in the corner. Smaller cockpit than I would have expected, though!

777 jumpseat certainly kills the A318-321 jumpseats, hands down. Had to sit up front on my way back from London last summer, and between the roomy cockpit, decently reclining seat, first class meal, and of course the 87 people on standby:D, it was the best flight I could of hoped for.

I have to agree with the other end of the spectrum being the 737. Those jumpseats were just not well thought through!! I had to sit up front on my way back from, where else, NJC 2011 on Southwest. Even better, there was a Southwest F/O that was in the second j/s (if you can consider it that).

Might have only been a 45 minute flight but it felt like playing a long game of twister.

Back