777 nose-wheel steering?

I think it will be a lot of fun. We also (apparently) fly the hell out of it out here with a lot of pretty gnarly visual approaches and what not. Just waiting for OE now so I guess I'll find out soon enough.
You fly to easy places!

Your only fun is shooting the gap in Lihue.

Some aircraft have both. Some of my "new to be co-workers" say your leg, your taxi.

Question regarding this. I offered this option to an FO one day in an airplane you could taxi with pedals and he said "no I'd rather not take that responsibility since I don't have to. How does your airline feel about this? I don't personally care, but could be a legitimate point in a big airplane....

They don't care with us... in fact it's mostly standard practice to offer the plane to the FO on fleets with dual tillers.

I'm not even on the Airbus yet, but studying the systems, I already miss the Boeing and Douglas aircraft.

Oh come on it isn't that hard! 'Multiple failure of redundant systems' covers your required systems knowledge 99% of the time on the 'Bus, while Blue Hydraulic System covers the remaining 1%.

Better than the 'Mad Kitty Cat' (my trademark) where you need mirrors to read whiskey compass

Last edited:
Better than the 'Mad Kitty Cat' (my trademark) where you need mirrors to read whiskey compass

That's HARD to do too. It's part of the left seat preflight and even if I've got my hand waving up in front of the compass card it's damn near impossible for the captain to find it in the mirror.

BobDDuck said:
I still get scared every time I look in the wheel well during a preflight. SO many cables and pulleys.

Strange, that's what makes me like it so much. :)

@Derg can have his silly fly-by-wire "laws," and such. I'll keep my tried and try cables and pulleys.

For serious, even after flying the venerable 757?

Great performance, good systems, you can fly high and (relatively) fast. In and out of nearly any airport but the -90's still my lovechild.

Am NOT impressed with my A330 studying so far.

Back