777-9X Glider Model

FloridaLarry

Boeing rendering:

full777x-4_verge_super_wide.jpg

Amazing aircraft - flies with engine stopped.

Maybe the left is running. But if so, is the captain over-correcting (since appears to be a bank to the left)?

The wings fold - ostensibly to fit into narrower gates. Is the Navy planning an RFP for a carrier-based transport? Holy shore-leave! I can picture several hundred hung-over and still-drunk sailors hitting the wire in this plane returning from shore. Maybe there'll be an option for a combination oxygen mask and wet-&-dry vacuum system?

Mighty smart Boeing engineers in Everett, uh - Moscow, uh - Charleston, uh - Philadelphia, uh - Bombay....

Heavy non standard weight passengers make the wings bend like that, no?

I pretty much darn near fell off my chair trying to extrapolate the wingtip distance of the left wing with the wingtip distance from the right wing.
Florida Larry, does your Y tickle?

Anyone else seeing the FO watering the geranium in the right front window? Do you see him?

From my POV I think it's wings level and it's a funky angle. Look at the horizon and the distance between the wings. That's what makes me think it's wings level.

Stone & Cirrus:

You can bank on it. Must have been one of those one-third of the flight crew who are over-weight. Or a heavy geranium.

Morris is right. If you look at the horizon, s/he's about level. Person creating the image must be about to go to the Chiropractor.

Don't know Y I tickle.

After flying the 748, this will be an interesting program to watch....

The wings fold - ostensibly to fit into narrower gates. Is the Navy planning an RFP for a carrier-based transport? Holy shore-leave! I can picture several hundred hung-over and still-drunk sailors hitting the wire in this plane returning from shore. Maybe there'll be an option for a combination oxygen mask and wet-&-dry vacuum system?

I believe, 20+ years ago, the original 777 design had folding wings for the same reason.

Stone & Cirrus:

You can bank on it. Must have been one of those one-third of the flight crew who are over-weight. Or a heavy geranium.

I just saw something red in the cockpit and figured it had to be a geranium. Sorry. Can't see the FO anymore, I suppose he went back to get more water.

Don't know Y I tickle.

I should have explained. The picture looked as if the right (left in the picture) wingtip was tickling the y in your username. Using my non existent interpolation skills.

I like the plane. Looks very neat. Won't get caught flying on it anytime soon.

wmuPHL said:
So if the wings fold..It can land on aircraft carriers right?

surreal1221 said:

Mebbee. Take some pretty strong arresting wires - check the Golden Gate Bridge for missing parts. Perhaps also the extended flight deck model. Plus, the super-strength seat belt option.

Taking off might take a humongous catapult, even on the extended, extended flight deck model. Plus a second carrier to hold all the rescue choppers.

Back