$75k to spend

Cessna retracts are okay but it is absolutely imperative that every. Single. inspection.... of the landing gear system be thorough and merciless. No wear, no play beyond limits, no drips, no question marks.

Also the 182RG uses a special size tire that's expensive.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

His definition of "good compressions" varies greatly from most normal people. Nice airplane, but at the very least needs a top overhaul. And it has been out of annual since 2016.
I would agree with that. However, a couple new cylinders and you'd have a very capable aircraft with a panel you wouldn't have to touch for quite some time.

I would agree with that. However, a couple new cylinders and you'd have a very capable aircraft with a panel you wouldn't have to touch for quite some time.

Except for ADS-B, and if its been sitting since 2016 its going to have lots of little stuff wrong with it. And if its been sitting since 2016 in Alabama, I bet the engine will need more than just a top OH.

We were looking at 36's when we were possibly going to have a 3rd partner, and for a decent turn key 36, we'd be spending at least $185k, and most of those were lacking ADS-B.

Good luck with the search. If I come across anything, I'll send it your way.

I appreciate it. It's been frustrating to say the least.

I talked to one guy with a 182 that insisted I send him the money we have in escrow for a deposit right away, even though his airplane was 1500 miles away from us, it was priced about $15k above market value, and we hadn't even had a chance to look at the logs or anything. When I told him we weren't willing to do that, he said we shouldn't be wasting his time, and that we weren't serious buyers and should reconsider becoming aircraft owners.

@Jimmy_Norton
BEAUTIFUL V TAIL BONANZA • $99,500 • FOR SALE • Beechcraft Bonanza 1961, P Model. IO550B Continental with Hartzell 3 Bladed Prop, both new in 2009 with approx 750 hrs total time. Airframe approx 4600 hrs.Garmin 530W, KX155 King DME Garmin 330ES with ADSB out.Digital Tac JPI 700 w/fuel flow and totalizer Storm Scope Aspen Pro 1000 S Tec 50 auto pilot with GPSS new fuel senders with digital display backup AH.Beautiful airplane on the ground and in the air. meticulous maintained. No known damage.great logs. • Contact Marc F. Barenfeld, Owner - located Angels Camp, CA USA • Telephone: 209 609-1947 . 209 890-7071 • Posted February 1, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

@Jimmy_Norton
BEAUTIFUL V TAIL BONANZA • $99,500 • FOR SALE • Beechcraft Bonanza 1961, P Model. IO550B Continental with Hartzell 3 Bladed Prop, both new in 2009 with approx 750 hrs total time. Airframe approx 4600 hrs.Garmin 530W, KX155 King DME Garmin 330ES with ADSB out.Digital Tac JPI 700 w/fuel flow and totalizer Storm Scope Aspen Pro 1000 S Tec 50 auto pilot with GPSS new fuel senders with digital display backup AH.Beautiful airplane on the ground and in the air. meticulous maintained. No known damage.great logs. • Contact Marc F. Barenfeld, Owner - located Angels Camp, CA USA • Telephone: 209 609-1947 . 209 890-7071 • Posted February 1, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

View attachment 47022
1x1.gif

Nice airplane, but my partner won't even consider a v-tail. I don't agree with him, but I guess that is the downside to having a partner.

Looked at a Commander 114 this week. Super nice airplane. Very comfortable. Anyone have experience with them?

Looked at a Commander 114 this week. Super nice airplane. Very comfortable. Anyone have experience with them?
I used to work for a Commander dealership, they're solid, well built, nice flying airplanes. I really have nothing bad to say about them.

I used to work for a Commander dealership, they're solid, well built, nice flying airplanes. I really have nothing bad to say about them.

The only issue I can see is parts availablity and support now and in 10 years, since they don't have a manufacturer anymore.

Back