757 short field.

Thats a cool video! Kinda reminds me of that video of that cub that tookoff in 50ft and landed in 10ft:D, All in a headwind ofcourse!

I liked the comment "random turboprop in the background"

How random to see an airplane at an airport.

Thats a cool video! Kinda reminds me of that video of that cub that tookoff in 50ft and landed in 10ft:D, All in a headwind ofcourse!

I wish I had a video of my last takeoff. I usually do a rolling takeoff, but in this case I didn't turn enough and took off using the width of the runway, with an 8 knot headwind. (Super Cub)

Didn't really mean to test the limits of the bird, but she pulled through...

Ive seen a UPS 75 rotate less than half the runways length at LAS before. Im assuming it was a light load. Then again those guys dont have to worry about passenger comfort either.

Ive seen a UPS 75 rotate less than half the runways length at LAS before. Im assuming it was a light load. Then again those guys dont have to worry about passenger comfort either.

Yep....Empty, max thrust, flaps 20 combined with cold temps and a little headwind and the 757 will literally "ROCK YOUR WORLD"!

I received several, ahem...."performance related" comments and inquries from tower personnel and other pilots concerning the 75's spectacular takeoff abilities.....

Disclaimer:
All takeoffs followed strict company approved procedures, operating specs and safety guidlines..;)

Last week as we were landing in Elko Nevada, we couldn't help but notice Barak Obama's 757 parked there. Elko sits at 5140 feet msl and the runway is just over 7000 feet long with plenty of terrain in the neighborhood. Not totaly what I would consider an uber short field, but the high altitude and warmer temps last week, made me want to watch that thing take off. Unfortunately I missed it.

you can normally expect to rotate to about 15 deg pitch on t/o in the 'fifty-seven', maybe 2 deg less w/ an eng failure.

we are leaving KCLT on a cold day w/ nothing but crew and min fuel. max thrust, static t/o and for a V2 climb we get about 22-25deg pitch. Tower said, 'never saw the top of a 757 like that...contact dept and thanks.'

better yet , friend of mine is ferrying 767-200 KORD KDFW at night, cold wx, min fuel, no alternate, severe clear. he asks for unrestricted clb to fl420 which twr say is approved. brake release to fl420 in little over 8 min... not bad for an airliner...

you can normally expect to rotate to about 15 deg pitch on t/o in the 'fifty-seven', maybe 2 deg less w/ an eng failure.

we are leaving KCLT on a cold day w/ nothing but crew and min fuel. max thrust, static t/o and for a V2 climb we get about 22-25deg pitch. Tower said, 'never saw the top of a 757 like that...contact dept and thanks.'

better yet , friend of mine is ferrying 767-200 KORD KDFW at night, cold wx, min fuel, no alternate, severe clear. he asks for unrestricted clb to fl420 which twr say is approved. brake release to fl420 in little over 8 min... not bad for an airliner...

Damnnnn.... What was his climb rate, 9k ft per min?:drool::panic:

While not nearly as impressive as that, we had a similar situation coming out of HSV on a flight to ATL yesterday. Short flight (not much gas) 27 passengers, in a CR7 (I know I know...but its better than the 200). We were just over 4,000fpm on climbout. Then since we were filed for 13,000 I handflew the whole way...probably the most fun I've had since I started here.

And now one of the bizjet drivers on here can put those numbers to shame.

Damnnnn.... What was his climb rate, 9k ft per min?:drool::panic:

The VSI will only indicate 6000/fpm max so it was pegged through about 30,000...

There are some airplanes out there that will surprise you. long ago I went on a BUF (H model w/ fans) sortie and we did a number of low levels around 300kts. when it came time to exit the 'oil burner route' the A/C stood all 8 up to max thrust and pegged the VSI through 25,000...

I hear a Eagle crew on a repo flight climbed from 10,000 to 30,000 in just under 3 mins. :D

FYI the VSI on a 145 goes up to 9999 fpm.:D

I hear a Eagle crew on a repo flight climbed from 10,000 to 30,000 in just under 3 mins. :D

FYI the VSI on a 145 goes up to 9999 fpm.:D

I forgot the digitals will read higher..

when I was in Thailand I had met some guys in the U-2 outfit. got to hang around w/ them at U-tapao. one had been a B-58 driver before U-2s. when the USAF decided to get rid of the -58, they first tried to find it another mission. they came up w/ the idea of an RB-58 w/ recce stuff in the pod. anyway, they tried some tests including low level recce. the guy said, 'imagine doin' 500kts at 500ft and then lighting 4 J-79s into burner!! one minute you are in the dirt and the next minute you are above 40,000ft'

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but still... 4 J-79s in burner???

I drool over 57's.

Always loved the bird. Just hope I can manage to find my way into one before I die, otherwise. . .I'll die an extremely disappointed individual (professionally).

I drool over 57's.

Always loved the bird. Just hope I can manage to find my way into one before I die, otherwise. . .I'll die an extremely disappointed individual (professionally).

Both the 757-200 and 767-200 are Very easy to land. Not much in the way of drag so easy to carry too much energy and have to toss out the gear to slow.

Back