757 Jumpseat Picture

[ QUOTE ]
You're all a bunch of suckers!!
tongue.gif
Saying you would prefer the jumpseat, or a first class seat.
blush.gif

I, for one, would take my current seat any day. The left seat!
It is the only one with a HUD. Of course, the HUD does make it a little cramped so it is pretty hard to fit my enitre ego in the cockpit.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the worst seat - you are working!! EWW!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Except in the wintertime. If you get seated between two fat people, it's like sitting in a warm bean bag. Ahh!

I kid, I kid!

[/ QUOTE ]

A smelly bean bag - not fun!

[ QUOTE ]
Except in the wintertime. If you get seated between two fat people, it's like sitting in a warm bean bag. Ahh!

I kid, I kid!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[ QUOTE ]

You can sleep anywhere if you're tired enough ...

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, my younger brother fell asleep every time we took a break when we were climbing (well, actually descending) Mt. Fuji. He'd just lay down on the volcanic ash, put his hood up so he wouldnt get it in his hair and pass out. I tried it, but it just wasn't working for me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You can sleep anywhere if you're tired enough ...

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, my younger brother fell asleep every time we took a break when we were climbing (well, actually descending) Mt. Fuji. He'd just lay down on the volcanic ash, put his hood up so he wouldnt get it in his hair and pass out. I tried it, but it just wasn't working for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long would your younger brother sleep for?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you find it boosting your spirits or motivating when you get to jumpseat in a 757 (or larger) like that?
cool.gif
/quote]

I got to jump seat in a B-777 a few weeks ago, I was very impressed. Our flight home from Kuwait was a chartered American 777 and without the applicable 121 rules we were able to frequent the cockpit ... as one of the few pilots on the flight the crew really went out of their way to show off the front office. As impressed as I was, I was reafirmed in my decision to remain a corporate pilot.

I have to give a big thumbs up to American and the crews that brought us home. They were absolutely gracious. The flight attendants decorated the plane with flags, streamers and yellow ribbons and even brought cookie dough mix and made us fresh cookies during the long trip home. The best part was when we entered US Airspace, the Capt. lead us in singing the National Anthem ... a heart warming and tear jerking experience.

GOD Bless America!!!

Jim

Back