sxauer

Anybody here know about what it costs to operate a 747 for an hour? I saw a show on tv about airforce one, and they said it costs $35300 per hour to operate....was wondering how this compared to a normal 747....

Well airforce 1 is a 200 series I think so it wouldn't have the aero advantage of the 400 series, although I would think airforce 1 would carry less cargo so it might cancel out *shrugs*

A 737 costs $3500 per hour or so I am lead to believe, althought not a 747, still something to judge it off.

I don't know how much it cost, but I read a story once about a United 747 captain chartering one for his retirement party! They took off from SFO or LAX, flew over the Grand Canyon, up into Oregon/Washington, then back. The FO and cabin crew donated their time. Everyone pitched in a couple hundred bucks for drinks and the charter and they actually ended up with extra!

Cool way to finish a great career, huh?

yeah....i was thinking that 35K an hour was an insane figure, thought the tv show got it mixed up or somthing...I doubt that the civilian version costs that much....then again, they could be figuring in the upkeep for both of the airforce ones, that would make sense....

[ QUOTE ]
A 737 costs $3500 per hour or so I am lead to believe, althought not a 747, still something to judge it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how does SWA offer LAX to LAS for $19 each way??!!

Because they have 10 seats at that cost, the rest go for $250. Or the cost from *** - *** costs twice as much.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah maybe the 35K includes all the crew and staff aboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like those outrageously paid USAF pilots?
laugh.gif

Back