740 TT, 95 XC, 30 Night,14 Actual IFR, need more XC time,North Florida willing to relocate

flyinghedgehog

Dear All,

Thanks in advance for those who post on this thread. Appreciate your help.

Hours are as listed. I fly skydivers so obviously no XC time (except when the owner needs me to ferry crew or aircraft which is few and far between....)

Itching to get more XC time. Does anyone know of any ferrying or aerial survey opportunities or anything at all that would yield some XC time? I do not have the CFI rating and I can't afford to get that rating right now.

I did apply for some aerial survey company (Skylens, Air America Flight Center). Did not get the offers from Skylens and still waiting on Air America but I am not optimistic since a lot of folks already got penciled in for in person interview there. Guess I was a little late in the game (resume was sent late August since I timed it wrong :(

If anyone knows of other companies that could use someone at this experience level who is willing to relocate please let me know. Looks like things open up a lot more once a pilot has 500 hours XC time but I am not quite there yet.

In the meantime I am doing my homework looking through the list of part 135 operators and will be sending resume to any company I might qualify....

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Your best bet might for survey time might be Keystone out of Philadelphia as they look for pilots with around 600TT and are a good option for a new pilot. http://www.kasurveys.com/JobOpportunities One of the HR guys was on the forum a week or two ago outlining the terms of the job there. Good on you for being willing to move. Get your 135 and 121 minimums quick and then a lot more back home or nearby will open up.

Back