737NG Question.....

TallFlyer

Just a question that I've been meaning to ask about the 737NG.....

It would seem that in that aircraft there's two different ways to display the primary flight display. One is the typical glass cockpit arrangement, a large AI surrounded by tapes displaying airspeed, altitude, etc, and the other is a digital representation of an analog 6-pack.

Is that user selectable or is that coded somehow into the software? Said another way, could a pilot select between those different views?

It can be selected. I believe its called the compact EFIS or something like that.

Yes, it can be selected but, not by the pilot. Some airlines like CAL and SWA use the six-pack since those pilots fly a mix of NG and Jurassic jets.

At Delta, the 737NG uses the tapes since the all we have is -700s and -800s.

Yes, it can be selected but, not by the pilot. Some airlines like CAL and SWA use the six-pack since those pilots fly a mix of NG and Jurassic jets.

What the caveman said. In order to change it, you need to access the E&E bay and fiddle around with some stuff down there. Not a good idea. You can also change the FD from the "ILS bars" style to the "flying wing" style used on RJs. It just depends on what the company wants and how much they pay Boeing.

I'll take this
images

over this:
r4d_panels.jpg

any day!!!

Back