61.159 B

BravoHotel

I have a question about logging night under this. It says you can log up to 25 hours of night time per one stop and go. Is that only just 25 night hours, or is it total time as well?

Say I rent a 150, and do 25 stops and goes and say it takes me 2.5 hours. I can log those stop and goes towards 25 hours of night, but what about the total time? Or is it just 2.5 hours? And in the remarks state "25 hours of night accomplished IAW FAR 61.159 (B) ?

Thats how I read it and how I would note it in the remarks section of my logbook. You can knock off the night portion but but as you state you could only credit the 2.5 to your TT.
I'm not understanding how that helps an ATP applicant. The TT requirement hasn't changed so why wouldn't an applicant fly the total night requirement?

Thats how I read it and how I would note it in the remarks section of my logbook. You can knock off the night portion but but as you state you could only credit the 2.5 to your TT.
I'm not understanding how that helps an ATP applicant. The TT requirement hasn't changed so why wouldn't an applicant fly the total night requirement?

When you're in an operation like me where you fly day VFR most of the time. I found this little gem in the regs and shouted Lord Almighty Have Mercy!

2.5 TT and, if you previously had done 20 night takeoffs and landings to a full stop, credit the additional 25 full stop landings towards the night requirements. Essential this reduces the required time from 61.159(a)(2) to 75hrs night and 45 night full stop landings.

Back