$60,000???

My guesses

1) AD coming up
2) Parts are hard to find
3) Old jet motors - they start or catch on fire
4) Holds enough fuel to make it around the patch once
5) Something happened and scared the crap out of him

I couldn't afford the gas to run that thing for ten minutes... Even if I did wanna take out a 60k loan. Cool plane though.

If you want a new fighter jet for about that much check out the new Nissan GTR. 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds. It's been beating 150K dollar cars in all the road tests. The first Japanese super car.

If you want a new fighter jet for about that much check out the new Nissan GTR. 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds. It's been beating 150K dollar cars in all the road tests. The first Japanese super car.
Last Japanese super car I heard of wasn't legal in the US unless u dumbed it down quite a bit. Supra or something like that.

Jets are very, very thirsty.

Aircraft are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, and there just aren't that many people who can afford to feed a jet.

There have been dozens of jets much more interesting than the Iskra that have been for sale in the last few years at similar or cheaper prices.

It's got 350 hours since major overhaul.

Possibly a timed-out critical component... wingspar.. etc.. who knows.

BUT.. it's experimental.

Perhaps the owner can no longer insure it?

When it comes to owning anything aviation, the initial purchase price is only the beginning.

I would bet that the hourly operating costs are astronomical. Parts are unavailable and would be as expensive as a new car...

An annual? Probably grounded half the year and costs as much as a house...

Still cool..

The thing about cars is when you pull back on the steering wheel nothing happens.:rolleyes:

Last year I saw a fresh A-4 Skyhawk on TAP for $150K. Spare engine too. Rare but not unheard of.

don't turn off the traction control. or use the launch mode.

either will void the warranty.

The Iskra is said to use about 150 gallons an hour- throw in a maintenance program and insurance and minimal operating costs would be STARTING @$1,000 an hour.
For a nominal donation, a buddy of mine takes people up in his L29 out of KLNC. He said it's not unusual to see passengers black out- among other things,...

Back