50 Secrets Your Pilot Won't Tell You

Three Things Pilots Will Never Say
“We’re heading into some thunderstorms.” What they’ll say instead: “It looks like there’s some weather [or “rough air” or “rain showers”] up ahead.”

:eek: I really hope no pilot would ever say they're heading into a thunderstorm unless it's a storm chasing plane. :rolleyes:

Nope.

The whole program is a joke and this is reason #867 why.

Eh.....I'd say the TSA is the joke. I'd much rather have some control over the defense of my aircraft, rather then trust the TSA to protect me. Although that guy sounds like a tool and certainly doesn't belong in the program.

You want scary van rides, spend a few months riding the Q-Runner in NY on a regular basis.

:eek2:

I swear the 6 months I was marooned out there aged me 10 years.

Eh.....I'd say the TSA is the joke. I'd much rather have some control over the defense of my aircraft, rather then trust the TSA to protect me. Although that guy sounds like a tool and certainly doesn't belong in the program.

Until the program can do a good job of filtering out this sort of guy (and we all know that there are a bunch like him who are packing at work) I don't think it's a worthwhile investment.

And I'm not relying on the TSA to protect me. I'm counting on the other 49 passengers in the back to kill anybody who starts banging on the flight deck door. Just ask Southwest about that. Twice.

Until the program can do a good job of filtering out this sort of guy (and we all know that there are a bunch like him who are packing at work) I don't think it's a worthwhile investment.

And I'm not relying on the TSA to protect me. I'm counting on the other 49 passengers in the back to kill anybody who starts banging on the flight deck door. Just ask Southwest about that. Twice.
Fair enough...

Nope.

The whole program is a joke and this is reason #867 why.

What did he expect to prove? "Stop or I'll shoot you?"

If I brandish a weapon, it's to kill you. Not to intimidate you or to make me look more manly. But by the time you see it, it's already "game over" for one of us.

I completely agree you should just tell the people in the back what they want to hear until a situation where they must be informed is imminent (ie. to brace for an impact), but besides that the less pandemonium the better. The fact that the passengers know of a problem and are now freaking out doesn't do anything more for them than if they didn't know at all.

What did he expect to prove? "Stop or I'll shoot you?"

If I brandish a weapon, it's to kill you. Not to intimidate you or to make me look more manly. But by the time you see it, it's already "game over" for one of us.
As soon as I read this, I heard the theme from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly."

Back