4 digits and a page left!

LoadMasterC141

My trusty logbook, that has hours in it dating back to 1992, has a single clean page left in it. On that second-to-last page, I put in an entry recording my 1000th hour today. It means jack really. I mean 135 mins are still 200 hours away, but for some reason to me, it is a major milestone to see 4 digits in the bottom right corner.

More than anything, I know I still have much to learn. My timeline called for me to be at the airlines by now, but I am still enjoying the ride none-the-less.....The best thing about this job is that learning will never end.

My trusty logbook, that has hours in it dating back to 1992, has a single clean page left in it. On that second-to-last page, I put in an entry recording my 1000th hour today. It means jack really. I mean 135 mins are still 200 hours away, but for some reason to me, it is a major milestone to see 4 digits in the bottom right corner.

More than anything, I know I still have much to learn. My timeline called for me to be at the airlines by now, but I am still enjoying the ride none-the-less.....The best thing about this job is that learning will never end.

It's really neat to complete a logbook, and look back to things done, places gone to, events encountered, etc; at different times and places in your flying career. Am 75% through my 3rd logbook, with the other two wrapped up, packaged, and put away in a drawer.

Nice feeling, ain't it!

I've still got 9 pages to go in my first logbook, but my flights are generally 2-4x as long as the average instructional flight.

Congrats! It is always a good feeling to finish a logbook. I always enjoy passing each 1000 hr mark...

I hear you on the timeline. A lot of us feel the same way. Hang in there and enjoy ride.

My first log book is about two pages shy of being full as well. It definitely did not get to four digits though.

Filled my first one at 650 ish. Now I have the freakin' huge Jepp one. Sometimes I look towards the end and wonder what tail numbers I'll be writing in those boxes.

Filled my first one at 650 ish. Now I have the freakin' huge Jepp one. Sometimes I look towards the end and wonder what tail numbers I'll be writing in those boxes.

That is why I never got a big logbook. Using the smaller ones gives me a sense of accomplishment.

FYI, I now use the burgundy ASA logbook. Started with the thin black one, but switched to the larger burgundy one after my second book.

I wonder who has the most amount of logbooks on here. I guess that's very subjective though, since it really depends on what kind of flying you do and how big the logs books are.

Congrats on your first one getting filled! I'm sure that's pretty cool to look back on the history of everything.

That is why I never got a big logbook. Using the smaller ones gives me a sense of accomplishment.

FYI, I now use the burgundy ASA logbook. Started with the thin black one, but switched to the larger burgundy one after my second book.
During my last carding for the USFS, they made fun of my logbook since it was the cheezy Jep first log book (I used a Navy on for most of my life).

During my last carding for the USFS, they made fun of my logbook since it was the cheezy Jep first log book (I used a Navy on for most of my life).

:laff::laff:

Plus, I like the look on an interviewers face when they ask for logbooks and I drop a stack on the table! :)

Back