3rd Class Medical Certificate / Cymbalta Question


New Member
A couple of years ago I was prescribed Cymbalta for light anxiety. I am no longer taking the medication, but my prescription is still open. I understand that this will prevent me from obtaining a 3rd Class Medical Certificate. What do I need to do to properly document that I am no longer taking Cymbalta so that I can obtain my medical certificate? Thank you in advance for your help!

My Flight Surgeon

Sr. Aviation Medical Examiner
Submit a letter from your doctor stating why you were prescribed the medication, the date you stopped taking it and that you no longer require the use of the medication. This letter should be taken to the AME when you get your physical.