335 down @ FXE ; crashes into therapy center for children

I should add also, I'm always flying VFR through the same airspace he was based in. I'm guessing he'd have to be flying around not talking to anybody for nothing to get logged by NY ATC.

Last edited:
So many questions ... his wife says he was an instructor for 10 years, but the FAA database doesn't show a CFI certificate. It appears that he just purchased the aircraft this year, and registered it to himself as an individual instead of an LLC. That could be real trouble for the family if anybody in that building or his passengers family decides to sue. There's also no flight information at all for this year (that's publicly available at least, and the ATC recordings indicate a VFR departure) so was he flying back and forth from NJ to FL VFR with no flight following?

The FAA database does show that he is indeed a CFI / CFII single multi land as well as a BGI / AGI
To display the additional certificates, you must click on the corresponding tabs.
Maybe that plane didn't fly this year, maybe his flights were blocked and not showing....... ??
do we know for sure that he was flying back and forth NJ -FL ??
Was he going to pick up his clearance once airborne ??

Many parameters to consider.

Last edited:
The FAA database does show that he is indeed a CFI / CFII single multi land as well as a BGI / AGI
To display the additional certificates, you must click on the corresponding tabs.
Maybe that plane didn't fly this year, maybe his flights were blocked and not showing....... ??
do we know for sure that he was flying back and forth NJ -FL ??
I missed that, thanks

So many questions ... his wife says he was an instructor for 10 years, but the FAA database doesn't show a CFI certificate. It appears that he just purchased the aircraft this year, and registered it to himself as an individual instead of an LLC. That could be real trouble for the family if anybody in that building or his passengers family decides to sue. There's also no flight information at all for this year (that's publicly available at least, and the ATC recordings indicate a VFR departure) so was he flying back and forth from NJ to FL VFR with no flight following?

LLCs provide virtually no liability protection for an owner operator.

It was actually pretty impressive how he managed to slide right between both of those cars without hitting them. Not that it mattered - but still.

It was actually pretty impressive how he managed to slide right between both of those cars without hitting them. Not that it mattered - but still.
I was too distracted by the music to notice. I didn't realize security cams came with soundtracks these days. Brave new world we live in.

This is a big loss for the aviation community in the NY metro area. Eladio was an active CFI for many years in LDJ, and a role model encouraging minorites to get into aviation.

Back