335 down @ FXE ; crashes into therapy center for children

melax

Declared an emergency, #1 engine fire (left) and requested RTB. En route to NJ they probably had a lot of fuel onboard. There is a link to the ATC com in the ASN report below (FF to ~ 25:00)
Wondering if a right turn would have been a better choice. Well it's always easy to second guess from a keyboard. The patients in the center were very lucky to say the least. His you tube video is sad to watch knowing that he just passed....
Someone in another board suggested that "the flight should have never taken place to begin with" , but declined to elaborate any further.

Pilot in Deadly Florida Plane Crash ID'd as New Jersey Man

Accident Cessna 335 N79HP, 01 Dec 2018

Last edited:
Isn’t that just a built-in assumption for any South Florida 91/135 flight?

Is it that bad down there ??

she already knew that, which is why she didn't want any pesky children weighing her down at flank speed and bolted when she heard the props scrape the parking lot
This is an incredibly shallow and cynical way to view her heroic actions. She was motoring ahead first so the children could draft off her considerable wake - like in NASCAR.

So many questions ... his wife says he was an instructor for 10 years, but the FAA database doesn't show a CFI certificate. It appears that he just purchased the aircraft this year, and registered it to himself as an individual instead of an LLC. That could be real trouble for the family if anybody in that building or his passengers family decides to sue. There's also no flight information at all for this year (that's publicly available at least, and the ATC recordings indicate a VFR departure) so was he flying back and forth from NJ to FL VFR with no flight following?

@milleR I have no idea why, but my flights never show up in flightaware, or other similar websites.
Flight following or legit VFR flight plans. Great when my wife stalks me, not so great when charity flights can’t track me..

@milleR I have no idea why, but my flights never show up in flightaware, or other similar websites.
Flight following or legit VFR flight plans. Great when my wife stalks me, not so great when charity flights can’t track me..
Interesting, mine all do. Who knows :tinfoil:

I used to the think it was how I checked on “Skywagon XXXX.” Instead of Nxxxx. So to test my theory I only checked on with Nxxxx. Still nothing. Only history of my flight is from much earlier this year.

Who knows...
I’m getting the panel all IFR’d in such, we shall see in the near future.

Back