3 landings in 90 days

rajsingh

I had a question regarding the 3 landings required at night in the previous 90 days to carry passengers at night. The rules say that if the flight is at night, then the landings have to be at night. So I was interesting in knowing that if you just have 3 landings at night only in the previous 90 days, are you good for a landing in day light as well, or you have to have 3 landings in day light to operate during the day. The rule had said 3 landings in previous 90 days to carry passengers and for night 3 landings at night in the previous 90 days tto carry passengers.

If you did landings at night then yes you are good for day flight. For day flight it just says 3 takeoffs and landings within the last 90 days, it doesn't specify day or night.

Is it still at night, to a full stop? The boss-man was asking me the other day since he's going to lose his night currency (though he'll probably end up pencil-whippin it) and he asked if he could do 3 touch and go's/rejected landings. I said I was pretty sure the night landings had to be full stops.

-mini

yes, night landings have to be a full stop and so are if you in a tailwheel aircraft.
Thanks. That's what I 'membered...but it didn't seem all that logical at the time. Then I realized, "it's the FAA" and the logic annunciator went out.

-mini

Thanks. That's what I 'membered...but it didn't seem all that logical at the time. Then I realized, "it's the FAA" and the logic annunciator went out.

-mini
I always figured that the full stop for night landings was probably the result of some accident. Maybe something having to do with someone going off the end of runway after misjudging the available distance. Accidents aren't logical.

And don't forget the matching takeoffs at night. If you're doing three stop and goes to get current that's not a problem but if you're logging a night landing for a landing at night for a flight which started during the day, you'll have to figure out a way to log the takeoffs at night separately.

I always figured that the full stop for night landings was probably the result of some accident. Maybe something having to do with someone going off the end of runway after misjudging the available distance. Accidents aren't logical.
I could get behind that. It's at least somewhat logical. Wait, doesn't that disqualify it?

And don't forget the matching takeoffs at night. If you're doing three stop and goes to get current that's not a problem but if you're logging a night landing for a landing at night for a flight which started during the day, you'll have to figure out a way to log the takeoffs at night separately.
I haven't logged a takeoff in..........................................hmm...either "years" or "ever". I just don't know which. I figured if I log a landing, chances are I had a takeoff somewhere in there.

Does that mean I'm not current?

Back