27JUL18 ATC bid open!

I was able to apply, passed the AT-SA last year going to retake this year hopefully I'll be able to score into band 2.
I hope you mean band 1.

Not sure what that means, but good luck to everyone applying. The FAA needs you.
Scoring on the ATSA is grouped into 2 passing bands. Band 2 is 70-79.99 and Band 1 is 80-100. Applicants are never told their score, but HR selects from the higher score band first before dipping into the lower band 2. They haven't needed to take scores from Band 2 since they moved to the ATSA.

Band 1 sorry, im hopeful but studying for my flight dispatcher certificate as well just in case. Thanks for the best wishes

They haven't needed to take scores from Band 2 since they moved to the ATSA.
That is very debatable given the staffing. ;)

But I know what you mean. The scary part is someone was able to find out just very recently that I had made band 1 on the July 2017 bid(not sure on an exact score) and still got dumped very quickly...after being told I'm in the pool 3 years. Lol. Wtf?

No stupid BQ anymore, but they took away almost all the application questions about aviation experience other than being an airline pilot, former military/DoD ATC, CTI degree, or having an instrument rating. Formerly, I was able to check boxes for being a ramper, airline CS, working in air cargo, having a PPL, airline ops experience, and working in a ramp tower at a major airport. Now, they don't even care I have my PPL. Not encouraging, especially since all those things mean one gets the "big picture" and wouldn't just blindly do the job with no idea what they're actually doing other than moving planes the way they're told to. Hopefully this means they're actually going the check the resume. Oh well, round 6 underway. Silly FAA.

That is very debatable given the staffing. ;)

But I know what you mean. The scary part is someone was able to find out just very recently that I had made band 1 on the July 2017 bid(not sure on an exact score) and still got dumped very quickly...after being told I'm in the pool 3 years. Lol. Wtf?

No stupid BQ anymore, but they took away almost all the application questions about aviation experience other than being an airline pilot, former military/DoD ATC, CTI degree, or having an instrument rating. Formerly, I was able to check boxes for being a ramper, airline CS, working in air cargo, having a PPL, airline ops experience, and working in a ramp tower at a major airport. Now, they don't even care I have my PPL. Not encouraging, especially since all those things mean one gets the "big picture" and wouldn't just blindly do the job with no idea what they're actually doing other than moving planes the way they're told to. Hopefully this means they're actually going the check the resume. Oh well, round 6 underway. Silly FAA.

This is depressing. I'm sorry. The FAA sucks, just like they did back in the 80's, just a different goal post

This is depressing. I'm sorry. The FAA sucks, just like they did back in the 80's, just a different goal post
It is what it is, I won't stop trying and I'm not even in the top 5% of applicants they screwed I'm sure(my roommate got a TOL letter to go to enroute in 2016 and he is still here while people from my bid went to OKC within 3 months of taking the ATSAT!), so don't feel bad. But it is depressingly hilarious to me that now without that section on aviation experience, myself with all that experience and a Best Buy cashier who has been working just 2 years out of college for the first time in his/her life have equal chances to succeed in OKC since we aren't airline pilots or prior military. Goodtimes. Hopefully I'll have the instrument licence box ticked in 2019 if I don't get in this time.

All this bureaucracy and red tape in the hiring and training process, yet the "gubmint" must continue running ATC! :biggrin::stir:

All this bureaucracy and red tape in the hiring and training process, yet the "gubmint" must continue running ATC! :biggrin::stir:
I still am skeptical the private sector would maintain the great QOL and early/great retirement policies, though I'm sure the money would be nice. Really if they just cleaned house from the top, some fresh blood in the FAA might actually do the trick. Who knows.

The fact that the average controller totally hates the FAA and has been screwed by them left/right/sideways in their career and STILL is against privatization really makes me question how good it would be for aviation, even as someone from the outside desperate to get in which would be easier at a private company.

You can thank Fox News and CTI grads for this current bid fiasco. The last few actually went pretty seamlessly for the FAA. They were really starting to find their stride before that whole “they’re hiring black people and endangering the public!” article by Fox.

You can thank Fox News and CTI grads for this current bid fiasco. The last few actually went pretty seamlessly for the FAA. They were really starting to find their stride before that whole “they’re hiring black people and endangering the public!” article by Fox.
But...why would a story on Fox News dictate what the FAA does when years of complaints from those actually involved did not? Is that honestly why?

Back