26 hours of hood time in the last six days....

jskibo

Done
.....and it all clicked tonight. My holds we're on, didn't have to think about them finally.

Nailed all 8 approaches and remembered my checklists, timer, etc....

Have one more flight tomorrow, then finishing the last two hours I need in the club Mooney for my 10 hours complex and insurance sign off.

Check ride Monday at 1pm. Hope it goes as well as today went!

Thanks for all the suggestions in the other thread!!

Good job man, wish I could say the same about my approaches, I was one step behind the plane and stumbling across call outs and radio transmissions on all four approaches today, not a good day. Good Luck with the Check Ride!!

Well, 29 hours in 7 days now. Went down to look over the Twin Comanche Patrick has for a great block rate today. LAN VOR out so no approach to KPFK, but three more back in KMKG (ILS 32, LOC 24 with vacuum failure and VOR A circle to 32)

Zero zero takeoff was fun the other night.

A little weather studying tonight to go......

Good luck tommorow. Enjoy the ride and know that's probably the last time you'll do holds until you go to Sim.

Well, 29 hours in 7 days now. Went down to look over the Twin Comanche Patrick has for a great block rate today. LAN VOR out so no approach to KPFK, but three more back in KMKG (ILS 32, LOC 24 with vacuum failure and VOR A circle to 32)

Zero zero takeoff was fun the other night.

A little weather studying tonight to go......

I saw those stl pics up the other day so I hope that twin Comanche is somewhere nearby?

I saw those stl pics up the other day so I hope that twin Comanche is somewhere nearby?
Twin is up in Charlotte, MI KFPK. Belongs to a guy on here. Decent looking plane. No autopilot, but IFR GPS, tip tanks.

Guy I'm flying with now wants a few hours in it, going to look for someone else to split some hours with as well. Looking for some long weekend trips this winter across the southern US. Maybe Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta, etc... Only need about 50 for commercial minimums now

Dang man! That's the way to get it done! Good luck on the check ride.
Thanks! Another mock ride today. A lot of bumps so the throttle got quite the workout. Feeling pretty good right now. 100% better than a week ago. The accelerated program really worked well and my instructor is great. He's got 7 accelerated PPL's lined up but he prefers the instrument accelerated as they "don't scare the crap out of him" ;)

Going to finish up my Mooney checkout and 1.6 needed for insurance tomorrow and get my complex endorsement as well after the IFR ride.

Crazy enough, I have Seaplane up in Traverse City starting next Saturday and another check ride on Sunday.

Wow, you've got some patience. I've got about 35 hood hours spread over 3 years, and they were only 35 hours I've ever been bored to tears in an airplane.

Wow, you've got some patience. I've got about 35 hood hours spread over 3 years, and they were only 35 hours I've ever been bored to tears in an airplane.
Being able to look out while flying off the rest of my time in the Mooney last night was so nice after all that time in the blind world.

That 20F Executive is pretty nice, I think it's my new favorite XC airplane. Only 5.4GPH dialed back to 20/20.

Back