250 FO's

phone patch on HF...That must have been ugly...I can barely hear our hour HF's (not solid state technology)...

It was one of those mornings where Gander, Shanwick and Santaaaaaah Mariaaaaa were all on the 5598.

"Hey man, you know there's an easier way..."

I'll never forget the time I was a brand new (like first week) freight-puppy flying through totally unexpected level 4s and 5s, pooping my pampers, and having lost contact with center. Came up on 121.5 asking someone for a frequency because I couldn't read the charts due to the turbulence. Sure as God made little green apples, some Sky God came over with "You're on Guard". In defense of the Sky Gods, though, he was immediately greeted with at least three different guys telling him what orifice to shove it in and trying to help out. I've had it in for the Guard Police ever since...

Speaking of "Guard Police," was flying down to TPA one day. Some guy over the Gulf was having engine trouble and was talking to the Coasties on Guard about possible ditching. Every time he transmitted, some dillweed, who apparently couldn't hear the USCG responses, would step on their TXs. Before I could tell the DA to shut it, someone beat me to it.

It's almost like they already have their finger on the transmit button just waiting, in a quiver, for someone to mess up as they usually respond one millisecond later.

Back