$25/wet for a Cessna 172

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK

I just thought I mention this great deal I'm getting through Civil Air Patrol. It's only $25 an hour wet for a 172, 182, and 182RG. I any of you guys are looking for a cheap airplane to rent I would recomend joining CAP. Go Here to find a squadron near you.

are you sure that's wet? the cap unit i'm in rent for $30 dry, and that's just a 172. Everything else is higher. Still a pretty good deal though.

[ QUOTE ]
I just thought I mention this great deal I'm getting through Civil Air Patrol. It's only $25 an hour wet for a 172, 182, and 182RG. I any of you guys are looking for a cheap airplane to rent I would recomend joining CAP. Go Here to find a squadron near you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be nitpicky, but how are you getting that deal, you dont even have a student pilot certificate...

[ QUOTE ]
What does wet and dry mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Wet rental means that fuel charges are included with the aircraft being rented. Ex: If you rent an aircraft for 1 hour @ $50/hr wet and use 10 gallons of fuel then your total cost is $50.

A Dry rental means that you are responsible for fuel charges. Ex: If you rent an aircraft for 1 hour @ $50/hr dry and use 10 gallons of fuel then your cost is $50 PLUS the cost of 10 gallons of fuel.

[ QUOTE ]
are you sure that's wet? the cap unit i'm in rent for $30 dry, and that's just a 172. Everything else is higher. Still a pretty good deal though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm sure my dad did his first flight in it 2day.

[ QUOTE ]

Not to be nitpicky, but how are you getting that deal, you dont even have a student pilot certificate...

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm the one paying
tongue.gif
and yes I do have a student certificate.

[ QUOTE ]

tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FAR 61.83 Eligibility requirements for Student Pilots
To be eligible for a student pilot certificate, an applicant must:
a) Be at least 16 years of age for other than the operation of a glider or balloon

Last time I checked, none of the aircraft you listed in the CAP deal were gliders and since you only hold a student pilot certificate for gliders (which is what I am assuming you were referring to as your student pilot certificate) then it does not apply to powered aircraft....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FAR 61.83 Eligibility requirements for Student Pilots
To be eligible for a student pilot certificate, an applican must:
a) Be at least 16 years of age for other than the operation of a glider or balloon

Last time I checked, none of the aircraft you listed in the CAP deal were gliders and since you only hold a student pilot certificate for gliders (which is what I am assuming you were referring to as your student pilot certificate) then it does not apply to powered aircraft....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you didn't say that I didn't have a certificate w/o limitations, you said I didn't have a certificate. I know what you mean though.

If you're joining CAP just because they have cheap rental rates, you're joining for the wrong reasons!
tongue.gif

I wish I could have stayed in CAP past my two meetings.. Stupid faulty transportation and overload of schoolwork
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 14, I have 200 hours with 100 multi and 50 turbine including 10 jet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, amazing hours for a 14 year old! How did you get turbine and jet?

Lets get serious here, i dont think 95% of this board takes that seriously. Cut the fantasy role play kid, just wait your turn.

OK this thing's run it's course.... it was supposed to be about cheap rental rates...

BTW Wm226 run a search of CJKid's posts to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back