24 Hour Fuel Availability

WildcatPilot

Is there a way I can search along a particular cross country route to find FBOs that have fuel available 24 hours? I'm doing a flight from Cincinnati to Chicago and back today and I'll need to stop somewhere late this evening for fuel along the way.

Is there a way I can search along a particular cross country route to find FBOs that have fuel available 24 hours? I'm doing a flight from Cincinnati to Chicago and back today and I'll need to stop somewhere late this evening for fuel along the way.
other than the A/FD try aopa.org

Really? I guess you have less fuel than I did. I just got fuel in Chicago and had enough both ways with IFR reserves.

I'd just call the FBOs and ask. Some of them close pretty early this time of year. If all else fails there's usually self-serve, just ask them if they have that.

I'd just call the FBOs and ask. Some of them close pretty early this time of year. If all else fails there's usually self-serve, just ask them if they have that.
:yeahthat:

I found out the hard way that hours of operation change seasonally, and are not necessarily published in the most recent A/FD. Had it not been for a way cool line guy that was on his way home we would have spent the night in Driggs Idaho.

There are a couple airports with good self serve pumps in northern Ohio. At the very least, you can stop in Delaware just north of Columbus. I know they have a self serve for sure. There's also one somewhere west of KMFD, but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

There are a couple airports with good self serve pumps in northern Ohio. At the very least, you can stop in Delaware just north of Columbus. I know they have a self serve for sure. There's also one somewhere west of KMFD, but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

Kinda out of the way from chicago to Cincy though.

www.Airnav.com has a feature that will find the cheapest fuel, for the shortest route, Sometimes I can do a trip from the west coast to the east coast and make 2 fuel stops going less then a mile then the total distance.

Call before you get there. At least one place which was published as 24 hours turned out to be 'you can call the truck for $50 after 10 pm'. :banghead:

Thanks for all the replies! We ended up just getting 10 gallons at the FBO at Midway. It was cheaper than paying the ramp fee with no fuel!

Back