2022: Best logbook app?

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I feel like I ask every year. I just updated logbook pro again, and the Windows 95 user interface is driving me nuts. Such a user unfriendly program.

Is there a logbook app for Ipad or PC that anyone likes? Preferably one that I can import Logbook pro files to?

Thanks!

I feel like I ask every year. I just updated logbook pro again, and the Windows 95 user interface is driving me nuts. Such a user unfriendly program.

Is there a logbook app for Ipad or PC that anyone likes? Preferably one that I can import Logbook pro files to?

Thanks!

I'm on a trial run with LogTen right now - it checks the iPad box but I don't know if it does PC. I've had SafeLogWeb for a few years and the interface on it has finally irritated me enough to switch, but I'm not FULLY switching until l'm fully happy with LogTen.

It does have some nice features - including the ability to download your schedule from certain systems (our, unfortunately, is NOT one of them) and then track all of your 117 compliance. The tech support has been really great to work with, and it's super-flexible. It's probably more than I need. Actual humans will handle your import for you if you ask them.

I'm on a trial run with LogTen right now - it checks the iPad box but I don't know if it does PC. I've had SafeLogWeb for a few years and the interface on it has finally irritated me enough to switch, but I'm not FULLY switching until l'm fully happy with LogTen.

It does have some nice features - including the ability to download your schedule from certain systems (our, unfortunately, is NOT one of them) and then track all of your 117 compliance. The tech support has been really great to work with, and it's super-flexible. It's probably more than I need. Actual humans will handle your import for you if you ask them.

is log ten Mac only?

off topic, should I get a Mac?

So I have logbook pro desktop, but all it does is act like a database of my flight time. I don’t log with it or really work with it at all unless I want a specific report.

On a daily, working, basis I use airline pilots daily log. I can import my schedule, it automatically fetched oooi times, and does some other stuff. Once a month I sync it to logbook pro. It’s not the most intuitive thing ever and it costs money but it’s the least effort logbook I’ve had.

is log ten Mac only?

You can run LogTen on mobile-only - you mentioned your iPad so you could do that. I believe it is Mac/IOS only.

On whether you should get a Mac or not...I mean, it's what I prefer but it's very much a personal thing. All my Apple stuff just naturally works together without a lot of effort. It's low-friction.

One of the things that has sold me on LogTen after signing up has been the support. They've been absolutely terrific with every little thing I've asked about. The customer service is really good. It IS more expensive than other products, but so far, I've gotten value from it.

is log ten Mac only?

Ya, the computer based app is Mac only.

Should you get a Mac...well if only for logten, no. Otherwise yes lol. If you’ve already got other apple products, syncing to the ecosystem is quite nice.

One of the things that has sold me on LogTen after signing up has been the support. They've been absolutely terrific with every little thing I've asked about. The customer service is really good. It IS more expensive than other products, but so far, I've gotten value from it.
This. I recently wanted to merge my old e-logbook with all my ga/instructing time into logten. It wasn’t as easy for me however a quick email exchange with customer support and I had all of my times applied into logten by the end of the day.

In terms of cost, depending on the brewery I chalk it up to the cost of a beer per month. Well worth it for me. The ease of syncing and the time it saves me, can’t beat that.

I am personally a Logten Pro fan but it is Mac only. It checks the Mobile box and easy sync function between my MBP and Mobile.

I was a fan of APDL and Logbook Pro but I couldn’t justify the cost of APDL with its lack ability to sync to Logbook Pro. Even though the process was simple to export my APDL flight times into Logbook Pro, for the lack of syncing function between the two isn’t worth the cost especially where technology is at today.

I switched from Safelog to LogTen Pro X years ago. I am on all Apple devices so I am not sure if they make a PC version. I really love Logten and how it syncs across all devices. I can create smart groups to keep track of specific things and the UI is the best I have seen.

I’m probably one of the few people left still using FlightLogg.in, in conjunction with traditional paper logbooks. The web site has long since been abandoned, but it still “works” and e-mails me backups. One of these days I’m sure it’ll finally disappear altogether, so I’ll probably plan on migrating to LogTen Pro at some point given I’m an Apple user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m probably one of the few people left still using FlightLogg.in, in conjunction with traditional paper logbooks. The web site has long since been abandoned, but it still “works” and e-mails me backups. One of these days I’m sure it’ll finally disappear altogether, so I’ll probably plan on migrating to LogTen Pro at some point given I’m an Apple user.

I wrote some Python code to convert its backup format to what ForeFlight expects. Since I'm paying for it anyway.

The ForeFlight logbook isn't bad. If you instruct, it is really handy to sign logbooks and give endorsements on the iPad. And, you know, free if you are paying for ForeFlight anyway.

I wrote some Python code to convert its backup format to what ForeFlight expects. Since I'm paying for it anyway.

The ForeFlight logbook isn't bad. If you instruct, it is really handy to sign logbooks and give endorsements on the iPad. And, you know, free if you are paying for ForeFlight anyway.
I use ForeFlight as well and I feel about the same way. It really is optimized to log one leg at a time which is irritating in my gig and probably a non-starter for airline dudes.

Thanks!
'Cause... WINDOWS!

LogPro 10 is pretty good. I've used it for a long time. I'm almost sad to say, I'm increasingly giving it up for the Foreflight logbook. Just don't have time to fill out 5 different logbooks after every flight. With FF log for personal use, I've got my data entry down to only three flight data entry events.

I actually HATE the modern world. The idea of computers and electronic data has always been and SHOULD BE "enter once, use many". Sadly, because every profit-seeking, swinging Richard comes up with a proprietary API or charging cord, we all have to do MORE work, not LESS.

VIVA Le ISO!!!!

Back