2009 AQR reveals Delta near the the bottom?

Clark Howard thinks negatively of Delta. Oh, that's a new one.

Of course Hawaiian is going to be number one. I thought that Airtran would be close to last, I found nothing interesting about them, that might be because I arrived early into Atlanta, only to find our gate is occupied and had to wait over an hour for it to open up.

Hooray for Continental at #8. From worst to first to......pretty good. I guess that's what squatting on all the slots in EWR with hundreds of RJ's and T-props will do, delays be damned. With that said, they did beat the other legacies.

No surprise Delta is at the bottom, what with stuff like this going on:

http://www.ajc.com/business/content...ny.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab#comments

The author needs to understand that it's a TSA requirement and if there were air marshalls onboard the aircraft (they do file security compliance reports) or she was getting a FAA route inspection, the crew could be violated and/or suspended for enabling such.

It's actually part of the mandatory TSA and Department of Homeland Security brief airlines are required to give before international flights inbound to the United States. Believe me, I feel really doofus when I'm flying relief back into the US and I have to give that brief about staying in your assigned cabin or standing in large groups in the airplane and blah blah blah.

Quite a bit of the wacky procedures airlines have are handed down by DLHS, the TSA or the FAA.

Do I personally care which lavatory a person poops in? Nope. But if I were a flight attendant with a $35,000/year job and two kids to feed at home, I'm probably not going to have the financial resources to sue for my job back after being reported for not following TSA/DLHS requirements. Time off without pay for some really silly stuff is not uncommon in the airline business.

I don't believe these ratings 100%. AirTran to me really sucks but Delta when I worked there had horrible customer/onboard service but I have not flown with them since early "06.

Hey, guess what?...I found the Delta customer service training video after AA lost it.:laff:

[yt]xGYr6BA6tEI[/yt]

If that is Delta's customer service video I just found ASA's!!

[YT]1MUr_tQH8Xo[/YT]

Ignore the modified United sign in the background and it reminds me of every single time ASA has proven themselves to me with their ontime performance and customer service skills :D

Seems to me the American consumer has proven they'll stand a take a beating from an airline and its employees as long as the ticket price is right.

Do they complain ? Of course they complain: "I'll never fly your stinkin' airline again...blah, blah, blah X 1000."

And airline management jumps up in front of the press with their nonsense about how they value their customers and strive to deliver "world class" service all the time. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO SAY ?

Management responds to one thing: empty airplanes.

Until they're flying them around empty, they have no impetus to change. This game is about money and little else. :D

[yt]1MUr_tQH8Xo[/yt]

Ignore the modified United sign in the background and it reminds me of every single time ASA has proven themselves to me with their ontime performance and customer service skills :D

Actually this reminds me of Air Wisconsin Customer Service at IAD!

[yt]1MUr_tQH8Xo[/yt]

This video is a friggin crackup! You gave me a LAX flashback for a moment. Perhaps there should be a special category just for training videos on JC.

Thanks for making my day ILS!

Back