20 year old 737 FO

come on people don't get jealous, about him. it's not how many hours you may have on a cessna.:D

I imagined that last comment I made would instigated a reply like this. I am quite aware that that it is normal practice for european airlines to hire junior officers right out of a piper seneca- with probably no more than 20 or so hours of jet time- in a simulator. In fact it seems to be normal practice everywhere else but the USA, though now I guess you are seeing a little more of it now since there is a dearth of qualified people to man right seat positions in the regionals. But I in no way meant to imply that he is under-qualified for his position in any way. What is good to see that this particular guy got his CPL the modular (unstructured) way as opposed to Integrated (structured from a handful of approved schools) and was hired immediately.

Thouh I am a little surprised that the media actually went on to print this "ever extraordinary" feat of accomplishment well... considering that his daddy works there too (insert jealousy here:D), please excuse my assumptons of nepostism but- reading the story it's hard to believe that it didn't play its part.

Check this story out:

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/...aptain-but-mum-happy-on-ground-name_page.html

I doubt his daddy worked there.

don't hate appreciate! I might use my dual citizenship to my advantage someday and maybe move to Europe for a flying gig.

well don't think about it twise, do it take advantage of it, i'm doing it, i'm 20 years old flying b-737-200-300, making real worthy flying time and experince. :nana2::D

i'm 20 years old flying b-737-200-300
That's fantastic david2000, congratulations! I am glad all of your hard work paid off so quickly.

If you don't mind, could you tell us where you work and how much TT and the ratings you had when hired? This info. would give the forum a sort of barometer of the job market in the EU. Oh, and where did you train?
Are you in Spain now?

That's fantastic david2000, congratulations! I am glad all of your hard work paid off so quickly.

If you don't mind, could you tell us where you work and how much TT and the ratings you had when hired? This info. would give the forum a sort of barometer of the job market in the EU. Oh, and where did you train?
Are you in Spain now?
This is a long thread, but it explains all you need to know about David2000.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/general-topics/52422-new-colgan-mins.html

Are you in Spain now?

hi, i got hired with 263.7 hrs total, to fly a B737-200 diferences 300, my class started on the first wek of sept. and by oct. 2nd, i will finish the heavy ground schooll, to fly this babes, and you may wounder where in the world would you fly a 737 with such a low time?, well it's, MEXICO, for WWW.AVIACSA.COM

let me tell you something, it doesn't matter how much flying time do you have, with 200 hrs you will do well as a 5,000 hrs pilot, if you don't have the experience but you do have the knowledge you can be better than a old, or lots of time pilot!!

fly safe!!.

Not to stand up for David or anything because he really should not have gone into a thread about Colgan and start talking about how he got hired with low time in Mexico. But I also think it probably isn't a good idea for a bunch of Americans to come into the JAA thread and talk crap about how it works in the rest of the world.

Obviously the JAA thread is not that active around here and I can see why. People outside of America get hired with low hours into big planes and that is the way it is and has been for the past 60-70 years. So if somebody comes here and is told you shouldn't be there with your low hours and you need to CFI I can understand why they don't stick around.

Just my 2 cents

Not to stand up for David or anything because he really should not have gone into a thread about Colgan and start talking about how he got hired with low time in Mexico. But I also think it probably isn't a good idea for a bunch of Americans to come into the JAA thread and talk crap about how it works in the rest of the world.

Obviously the JAA thread is not that active around here and I can see why. People outside of America get hired with low hours into big planes and that is the way it is and has been for the past 60-70 years. So if somebody comes here and is told you shouldn't be there with your low hours and you need to CFI I can understand why they don't stick around.

Just my 2 cents

Did that happen somewhere in this thread? I didn't see anything like it.

Correction: Morerightrudder made sort of an offhand comment and there's no explaining Aloft. Other than that, no seemed to be hating.

Did that happen somewhere in this thread? I didn't see anything like it.

Correction: Morerightrudder made sort of an offhand comment and there's no explaining Aloft. Other than that, no seemed to be hating.

No so much this thread, something I just seemed to notice from reading threads the past few months when it comes to people from outside America asking questions or saying something.

Well there is not one single thread topic on this site that is owned by any one person or type of pilots. People are free to post whenever and wherever they choose. Their opinion may hold more or less weight in a given area due to their background, but that background does not preclude them from posting in others.

Are you in Spain now?

i see someone just answered some of the questions you had, but anyways i don't mind sharing my experince, and how it's possible to get what you've ever dreamed of, and not letting anyone just to come and judge you, for what you have, like some people on this forum.
i studied at san antonio, tx, i got my comm. cert. with inst. multi. ratings, with 190 hrs. and the rest of the hours i flew them all on night, inst. cross-countries, around texas. then i converted to my mexican comm. cert, and applied for jobs and got hired by this airline, aviacsa, in mexico, got the b-737 200/300 training gound school in mexico city and sim. at miami fl. at aeroservice, and now i have 360 hrs, with 90 hrs on b737. :nana2::D

What are the pay scales on a mexican airline? I wouldn't be surprised if [SIZE=-1]Carlos Slim has a stake in the airlines in Mexico too.
[/SIZE]

What are the pay scales on a mexican airline? I wouldn't be surprised if [SIZE=-1]Carlos Slim has a stake in the airlines in Mexico too.[/SIZE]

well, it's actually the same as southwest, and carlos slim has no, profit or stake, of any airline, that's all he needs to own almost every important compamy or/and bussines in mexico.

Back