20 training tips to get certified

Is there anyplace that us folks who haven't made it to OKC yet can go to learn the different aircraft types and the phraseology?

14. Join the Union, membership has its privileges. It's much easier to make it through training when you have the support of your Brothers and Sisters.
100% agree with all except for this one. I just don't agree that membership has anything to do with checking out. If it does, then that in itself is a grievance.

i'm a 4 year NATCA member in the most recent "worst of times" so save the flames

and YES...JOIN THE UNION. we need solidarity. sorry to sound contradictory.

If I end up trying to do ATC, I will only join the union when and if they do not support political candidates. It is ridiculous for unions to support candidates :dunno:

So, in other words, you don't understand unions at all.

In other words I do not care to have my money support someone who wants to tax 50% of my income and restrict my other important freedoms that make me happy to be an American.

So yes I understand Unions, I just don't really believe in them

In other words I do not care to have my money support someone who wants to tax 50% of my income and restrict my other important freedoms that make me happy to be an American.

Oh, to be in the 50% tax braket! That'll never happen if the Bush types outsource my job to Raytheon or LockMart.

Hmm. Well, I'd encourage you to express that opinion as vocally and frequently as possible when and if you begin work as a controller. I'm sure it'll go over well. And will probably push you towards a management position much faster, which'll take care of any income issues you may be worried about.

BTW, in other news, did you hear that B. Hussein O. wasn't even born IN THIS COUNTRY? True story. No wonder he set up the death panels. We're two steps away from the New World Order. I want my country back! God Bless Glenn Beck. Also, tea parties.

Back