1st week in X-country phase...temporary narcolepsy.

CapnJim

zzzzzzzzzzzzz-*snort* Huh? Wha? OH. Yeah. Back in Dallas. Whats that? Where have I been? Well, hmmmm, lets see... I have a pile of flight plans with lots of random three-letter combinations on them and I seem to remember some really good coffee in Raleigh and some donuts somewhere and...
zzzzzzzzzz.......
Wha! Oh. Sorry, Yeah. OK. Well, there's lots of flying from the right seat with a hood on and shooting approaches in clear blue skies and turbulence at 6 so lets call Atlanta Center and request 10 and what was that last freq and was that an intersection or a VOR that we got on our 50th amended flight plan from Trenton damn TFR's and do you spell it WILLT or WHILT or oh nevermind now it's direct Indian Head and I hope theres a hotel cause I don't want to have to stay in a company apartment but....
.zzzzzz.
CLOSE THE •'n AIR VENT!!!
Oh, sorry. <yawn> Yeah, I'm pretty tired. Don't get me wrong- It's lots of fun and real intense and you learn a ton, but man would a day off be nice-- guess thats hard to do with only 90 days but hey, man, suck it up cause tomorrow it's off to Carlsbad for a round robin and was it 8 Alpha Tango or 5 Alpha Tango that we are taking and... and.....

* ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

(Transcribed from a conversation with Jim after 5 days and 36 hours during the ACPP cross country phase. Jim subsequently fell into a deep coma during which he was heard mumbling clearance readbacks. He highly reccomends the program to anyone interested.)

Back