Sold 1968 Champion 7ECA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had access to a reasonably-priced hangar I'd be giving it consideration. Even moreso if it was a 7KCAB (which is what I really want.) Either way, I'd fly the hell out of it, maybe even start chasing @Fencer around. Although I wouldn't be able to keep up....

There is a 10-year waiting list for shaded tiedowns at my local air patch. Hangars are going for about $160,000 to buy, $1300/month to rent/lease.

Ugh.

If I had access to a reasonably-priced hangar I'd be giving it consideration. Even moreso if it was a 7KCAB (which is what I really want.) Either way, I'd fly the hell out of it, maybe even start chasing @Fencer around. Although I wouldn't be able to keep up....
Get some plugs and covers and put your name on the list at HEF or JYO?

Get some plugs and covers and put your name on the list at HEF or JYO?

Both of those are a bit far for my taste. GAI would be better (and they list T-hangars for $460 a month but I am betting that's old info) but VKX would be best.

No - I'm not quite at the place where I'd want to be to own an airplane. Probably won't as long as I live here, actually. We're still thinking regularly about moving back to TX. Might consider it then.

There is a 10-year waiting list for shaded tiedowns at my local air patch. Hangars are going for about $160,000 to buy, $1300/month to rent/lease.

Ugh.
Sounds like California. I thought they were expensive here in Atlanta at $400/mo.

You really don't need a hangar to keep an airplane. Tie downs work just fine, and for the hangar rental price, you can just have new fabric instead. Not that you'd need it, most modern fabric does 20 or more years outside. There are also covers that keep the sun/ice off.

Ugh.
Ouch. There are un-rented tie downs here. The only waiting list is for a float slip. It is about 10 years however.

@ctab5060X do you have it posted anywhere ?

Looking for a link to share with an interested friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm crying just a little. Because I liked the idea of buying it even if I didn't buy it.

If I bought an airplane, my significant other would be mad. Of course on the bright side at least I would know why I'm in the doghouse.
Upset until the first $100 hamburger she ate-
Wait, don't listen to advice from a divorced guy, with a plane for sale,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back