For Sale 172 Shares Available - KPIE (St. Pete)

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
Our flying club is looking to pick up a few additional members. Here's the skinny...

Plane: Beautiful IFR/IFR GPS equipped 1981 Cessna 172 P (160hp)
Share cost: $1,300 (ownership share - can be sold later if you like)
Monthly: $160 (will go down if we get additional members)
Hobbs Wet: $70

The club currently has 14-members, although only 4-5 of us actively fly the aircraft. Even with 14-members, we average around 13-15 hours per month on the plane. Very rarely have I ever had difficulty getting the plane when I wanted it.

Plane is tied down at KPIE and monthly dues cover all insurance costs. We use Schedulemaster for easy online scheduling. Let me know if you have any questions! The aircraft is a true 10/10 on both the outside and inside.

IMG_1036.jpg

52633.jpg

Hey, nice looking Skyhawk at a great hourly rate. I'd be all over that if I still lived in Tampa! I'm paying double that up here in the NE. :banghead:

A suggestion only, but waive the monthly fee if X amount of hours were flown that month. I'm not sure how many that would have to be, but perhaps that could entice someone.

A suggestion only, but waive the monthly fee if X amount of hours were flown that month. I'm not sure how many that would have to be, but perhaps that could entice someone.

Well we have it structured such that the monthly fee covers fixed costs (insurance, tie-down, annual) and more importantly the loan payment. Wet rate only covers fuel, oil and engine reserve. So we really don't stand to gain financially if someone flies the plane more hours each month.

We're actually paying $125 per month right now, but it will be going up to $160 in October. With a few more members we can hopefully bring it back down to $125.

Oh, and I should mention too - in the three years I've been a member, I've never once had to pay anything additional out of pocket towards aircraft costs - and that includes all annuals and one engine overhaul. We manage our finances very well.

Is that a stormscope on a skyhawk?

With all those toys, what is the useful load on that thing?

Its probably reasonable with the 180hp STC that brings the gross to 2550.

Is that a stormscope on a skyhawk?

With all those toys, what is the useful load on that thing?

Its probably reasonable with the 180hp STC that brings the gross to 2550.

Strikefinder actually. Useful load is 821 lbs, with a 40-gallons usable. It's 160hp with a 2400 lb max gross. It also has a power flow tuned exhaust which enables you to maintain more of those 160 horses on roll out. We've all agreed that it seems to add 3-5 kts over a non-equipped 160hp 172. It has a cruise prop too.

I've flown her at max gross on an 85-degree day without any trouble. She doesn't want to climb too quickly at that speed, but has no problem reaching Vr in a reasonable amount of time.

:)

*EDIT* - actually is a Stormscope - [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]BF Goodrich WX900 Stormscope to be exact
[/FONT]

Back