152 nose turning problem

splash

your social justice comic center
I just adjusted the clevis(s) on both sides of the nose wheel by taking out a small amount of slack in them hoping this would fix the no turning problem.

Problem:
When taxiing, rudder peddle to the floor and nose hardly turns. Tap the break then release and it turns at a good rate. Seems like the cables are not pulling much at all but the tension is tight on them. Any help on this one?

Sounds like they may be stretching or something else is when tension is applied? I don't even know if thats possible to that extent but it would be my guess :confused:

Check that the nose strut isn't pumped up too high. Cessnas have a centering cam that keeps the wheel straight when the nose strut is extended.

Other than that, the steering rods have springs in them and when the springs get worn out or break the steering gets lazy or non-existent.

Check that the nose strut isn't pumped up too high. Cessnas have a centering cam that keeps the wheel straight when the nose strut is extended.

Other than that, the steering rods have springs in them and when the springs get worn out or break the steering gets lazy or non-existent.

Thanks for the tips. I will check the steering rod springs because the steering is lazy and the strut is not pumped up too high.

Thanks for the tips. I will check the steering rod springs because the steering is lazy and the strut is not pumped up too high.

Oh, also... if you have access to a service manual there is a procedure for the adjustment of the steering rods that involves rulers and dimensions.... it's worth looking into.

Ditto on the nose strut pumped up too high...three or four fingers max or you'll have steering issues.

Does the 152 have a Bungee system like the 172?

I know I had a student on a new 172 hit hard enough that he overstreched a bungee and we had a hard time turning left without using the brake.

Hi from the new guy.

Why is it seem like the left Bungee (Spring) is the one that always goes bad, or is it just me.

Ed

Back