1500hr Rule Must Comply by 2019

Where does it say anything to do with minimum experience? A part of all this was to change the training programs at airlines on top of the minimum experience of the pilots. Reading that article it says nothing about minimum experience, it talks about high speed RTOs and FOQA type stuff. That stuff pertains to the training environment. The ATP rule was already decided it needed to be complied with by 2013 hence the reason all the airlines are giving them out to FOs. This is the first we have heard of the new training portion of the debacle. Im sticking with that until someone can show better evidence.

I agree that this is not concrete evidence but maybe the aviation lobbyists finally got through?

Where does it say anything to do with minimum experience? A part of all this was to change the training programs at airlines on top of the minimum experience of the pilots. Reading that article it says nothing about minimum experience, it talks about high speed RTOs and FOQA type stuff. That stuff pertains to the training environment. The ATP rule was already decided it needed to be complied with by 2013 hence the reason all the airlines are giving them out to FOs. This is the first we have heard of the new training portion of the debacle. Im sticking with that until someone can show better evidence.

I just re-read it... While it doesn't specifically talk about minimum experience, I took it as implying what Rotor2Wing said above^^^. I think they mean that airlines will have until 2019 to implement new training requirements, hire pilots with ATPs, or any of the other stuff in the rule.

I just re-read it... While it doesn't specifically talk about minimum experience, I took it as implying what Rotor2Wing said above^^^. I think they mean that airlines will have until 2019 to implement new training requirements, hire pilots with ATPs, or any of the other stuff in the rule.

Nice point, like ClarkGriswold said I will wait until something comes out from the FAA, because we all know how smart the news is when it comes to aviation.

We all know some kind of exemptions are gonna have to be handed out. I promise you 9E will not have all their pilots ATP by August '13 because we still have guys with 600 TT and stuck on reserve because of the merger disaster. I'm counting on nothing but plan on getting the ATP as soon as possible just in case.

After reading it again I agree that this is talking about the new training requirement for the airlines. I still stand by my assumption that this new ATP rule will have at least a 12-24month date to comply at a min.

Are the guys who make the training/hiring decisions at the airlines just as confused as some of us here are as to when an ATP for the right seat will be required, and how much time will be required to get an ATP with specific circumstances?

Guys, you're getting your panties in a wad over nothing. The ATP rule has a date set in stone. There's no getting around it, because it wasn't just regulatory, it was statutory. The only thing that can be done in the regulatory realm is the details of it, such as granting credit for college level courses to reduce the total time requirement. As for the date when the ATP rule goes into effect, that can't be changed unless Congress gets involved. Which they aren't going to do.

Guys, you're getting your panties in a wad over nothing. The ATP rule has a date set in stone. There's no getting around it, because it wasn't just regulatory, it was statutory. The only thing that can be done in the regulatory realm is the details of it, such as granting credit for college level courses to reduce the total time requirement. As for the date when the ATP rule goes into effect, that can't be changed unless Congress gets involved. Which they aren't going to do.

Thanks for the clarification. The article written is very misleading.

Yeah, I am definitely no expert on aviation law, but the first thought that flashed into my mind was this. ^ The date of implementation is set in stone.

After reading it again I agree that this is talking about the new training requirement for the airlines. I still stand by my assumption that this new ATP rule will have at least a 12-24month date to comply at a min.

I agree with ATN_Pilot, but an extended compliance will help the regional airlines in terms of improving a qualified applicant pool and grandfathering in people who have started receiving training.

I do hope a compliance is extended but I have already restructured my plans, so it probably will not affect me.

I don't want to give them an inch. They've had years to prepare, and they never should have allowed qualifications to sink to the level that they did in the first place. Give them no quarter. Full implementation on schedule.

Agreed 100% and well stated.

I do not think it is right though that an ATP frozen can be achieved by 4yr degree 141 graduates with lowered minimum hours. I have always cherished the idea of an ATP license being equal for everyone without the 141 lowered hours BS... The new rule disappoints me in regards to receiving an ATP license for college graduates. If a rule is to be mandatory it should be equal.

Nice post and points

I don't want to give them an inch. They've had years to prepare, and they never should have allowed qualifications to sink to the level that they did in the first place. Give them no quarter. Full implementation on schedule.

Pot meet PFT kettle.

I think it's more about the training aspect of the law rather than the minimum requirements of the law. I think the 1500/ATP will still stand, but I think airlines will have till 2019 to implement NEW training methods? That's just my take. I would have figured are more "official" release if it really was a delayed implementation for the 1500/ATP rule, and not on a Sunday either.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if this is really the case

Lulz. Although ATN and his will fight the good fight (and I only slightly hold his past against him at this point...how long should he be pilloried, for Christ's sake?), ultimately, nothing will change. Bidness is Bidness, and the Race to the Bottom is GOOD for Bidness.

Lulz. Although ATN and his will fight the good fight (and I only slightly hold his past against him at this point...how long should he be pilloried, for Christ's sake?), ultimately, nothing will change. Bidness is Bidness, and the Race to the Bottom is GOOD for Bidness.

I remain a skeptic that the rule will be implemented at all. Congress could easily get involved. All it takes is a terrorist attack, abnormally high fuel prices or just the public screaming about 1500 dollar tickets to fly transcon. Like Boris says the race to the bottom is good for business.

That's why I keep spitting my coffee all over the instrument panel when the crusty old captain asks what my goals in aviation are. Dude what decade are you living in? My goal in aviation is to not get laid off and cope with a job loss. Well a few months on unemployment would be great. Yeah. I work for a 135 operator with 10k resumes on file that guys would sell their first born to get hired at and my idea of improving my life would be to get on the dole again.

Christ my parents just bought round trip tickets from OAK to Kona for less that 300 bucks. WTF? You can't drive there. The business model is so broken it isn't even recognizable as a business anymore. CEO and board gang raping one airline to the next because they know they will get a bailout. All they have to do is orchestrate something to sway public opinion. Boom. No more 1500 rule. Rest rules revised. Cabotage rules dismantled. Or just replace the pilots with 250 hour wonders.

You know why I'm still in aviation? Because I'm not really good at anything else. But I wish I was.

Back