150 down at LGB

The fact that he escaped this...

6586704_600x338.jpg

...with just minor injuries is pretty incredible. Glad he's gonna be okay.

how did it end up between the metal/cement pylons that way?!? That's just surreal...and i agree with the prior comments

#2 comment on the abclocal link...

"Must be a student pilot on his/her first solo. If that's the case, the instructor is gonna be answering alot of questions to the FAA. "

It amazes me how someone can determine that just by looking at a picture!!!:crazy:

I would love to know how he put it inside the poles!

I watched it happen. Bad times. I wasn't able to see the pilot get out of the plane and was certain he was toast (literally). The plane burst into flames in 2 successions (I would assume each tank individually). At the time it was one of the most horrific things I have seen in 9 years of aviation. Knowing that he is OK makes it better but still it was scary. The wings were sitting flat on the ground and the whole fuse area around the cockpit is melted, the only thing left is the engine block. The fire department responded in a couple minutes and made quick work of the fire that ensued.

This was the second time in 18 hours I had to make calls to friends and check dispatch schedules to see if I just lost a friend. thankfully I am 0/2 but this stuff is a real downer.

Temco (The operator) doesn't have the most stellar reputation around the community either. BTW it was a 152 for what that;s worth. N45949.

Hey Cody, it does suck to witness any accident. I saw a guy on his second solo nose in a -152. The bounce, bounce, bounce, BOOM!!! Wasn't fun to watch.

Can you shed any light on how the plane wound up inside the concrete pillars?

Hey Cody, it does suck to witness any accident. I saw a guy on his second solo nose in a -152. The bounce, bounce, bounce, BOOM!!! Wasn't fun to watch.

Can you shed any light on how the plane wound up inside the concrete pillars?

Im thinking maybe it rolled between them and the fire took down the wings after. My best guess...not sure though. Glad he was safe.

Nick

Ever notice planes have crashes, but cars have accidents? NewsFlash at 10pm- we're gonna splash a photograph of some unfortuante individual(s)on your TV, make stupid & uninformed assumptions and try to sell some soap.
At least they'll get the name wrong, from the wrong town and you don"t HAVE to allow them to take your photo.
icon6.gif

Back