150 days Fast Track Program / Sacremento / Charlotte

Night_Flight_2009

My first post.

I am interested of going to the ATP flight school.
And this forum gave me a lot of good information.

I am currently living in Europe and I am interested in doing the ATP 150 days Fast Track program (FAA).

http://www.atpflightschool.com/airline_training_programs/index.html

I am interested in three locations, Charlotte, Sacramento and Oakland (not open yet).. all nearby family.

Is anyone studying now in one of these locations?? or teaching in these locations??
Is anyone doing the 150 fast track program???

What is your experience?? how is the 150 days program?? how are the instructors ? and how is the fleet??

I understand that you have to do a lot of self-study.. how do you deal with that? Do yo study alone or are you studing with others??

Thanks!

I dont know about the west coast, but I feel for you euro guys. I did the 150 day thing on the east coast. It has its pros and cons, and I think ive already listed the cons. For you, the program is prolly worth it, cause I know how much it would cost you in europe.

One thing I would be careful to make sure is wrapped up is your authorization from the government here to train. Ive heard horror stories from guys coming from abroad, and the paperwork isnt done, and they sit for weeks, months, only to let go. Make sure thats golden.

255 people red my post.

is there nobody from Charlotte or Sacramento here..??

The ATP site looks great..

only to bad that they donot have pictures for example of the Charlotte school or Sacramento school..

pictures of people who work there.. or pictures of students or of the fleet or buildings..

maybe i should just visit the school.

check your PM.. I'm from Charlotte and did my training at the same airport as ATP.. and my instructor is one of their DPEs

The Charlotte location is very new. It is at KJQF. I am currently training there at a FBO under part 61. My CFI got his ratings at ATP, but not the Charlotte location.

I didn't train at any of those ATP locations, but I did start and finish my IFR cross countries in Sacramento, and stayed in the ATP apartments they had there. Seems like a nice location to train in. They had about four seminoles and a couple cessnas if I can remember correctly. I only ran into a couple instructors, but they all seemed like nice people.

The apartments weren't that great. No food really in walking distance, so make sure you have a car. Hard to get cell phone reception around there. If you're only there for 5 months, it shouldn't be too bad.

I have 3 friends who did the 90 day fast track at SAC, I didn't even know there was a 150 day fast track. I'll show them your post and see what they say when I get a chance at work.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

If I go to Sacramento, i will look for an appartment. If I go to Charlotte, I can stay with family (just 20 minutes drive).

Maybe it is better to first go for the PPL 60 days course.. and if I like it, I always can do the rest.

Sacramento.. seems to be in favour with a lot of students..

this week.. i have to make my decision.

ChasenSFO, if you ask your friends who have done the 90 days program.. to read my post and give me some feedback.. I would be very thankfull.

Is it really at Concord?

Concord rocks.

Yes it is. I also noticed something as I left the airport today. ATP's office space is not on the field. It is just slightly north of the airport entrance on Derita Rd. in a small business park on the left (travelling north).

Yes it is. I also noticed something as I left the airport today. ATP's office space is not on the field. It is just slightly north of the airport entrance on Derita Rd. in a small business park on the left (travelling north).

How in the heck do they get to the plane? Drive?
Maybe if they have a lesson they just meet in the FBO. :dunno:

How in the heck do they get to the plane? Drive?
Maybe if they have a lesson they just meet in the FBO. :dunno:

I guess. Maybe they just walk through the terminal? If so, it is a long walk, because a lot of times the ATP planes are parked up towards the north ramp which is where I am most of the time.

I guess. Maybe they just walk through the terminal? If so, it is a long walk, because a lot of times the ATP planes are parked up towards the north ramp which is where I am most of the time.

They ever planning on building an access road to the business park to the terminal? They're already in the process of extending the taxiways or have they finished those yet?.. I love Key West.... but I miss Concord and chilling upstairs with Larry.

They ever planning on building an access road to the business park to the terminal? They're already in the process of extending the taxiways or have they finished those yet?.. I love Key West.... but I miss Concord and chilling upstairs with Larry.

Negative. The taxiway extension is finished, however this space is in a park that is on the other side of Derita Rd. from JQF.

Runway is currently being resurfaced right now. On approach: "be advised, there is a bump near taxiway charlie." "Affirmative tower, but we're gonna be back in the air by then"

Negative. The taxiway extension is finished, however this space is in a park that is on the other side of Derita Rd. from JQF.

Runway is currently being resurfaced right now. On approach: "be advised, there is a bump near taxiway charlie." "Affirmative tower, but we're gonna be back in the air by then"

:rotfl: :cool:

Those controllers there are some cool customers.
"raw-ger"

One of the Tracon controllers retired and works tower there I think.

Sounds like an auctioneer when he gets going.

Back