141 Pre-employment test

christina3hunt

Has anyone taken a part 141 flight school pre-employment test. I know you have to pass it with at least an 80%. But, I am just wondering what kind of questions to expect. Is it hard??? Is it pretty easy???

esa17

That sounds to me as if its something that is school specific. We don't give one to our prospective CFI's so if I were to hazard a guess I'd say its probably just a commercial/instrument written cross section.

christina3hunt

I thought it was a requirement for all 141 schools but I could be totally wrong. They definitly had one where I went to school.

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
no written test at my school. Just a Part 141 checkout in the airplane and a group orientation for the CFI's

moxiepilot

probably regs questions similar to what the questions would be for private, instrument and commercial writtens.

basically it's probably a filter to separate the wheat from the chaff

upup89

No part 141 test to work. I took one but that was merely to determine seniority of all the people in my interview group. When I clicked on this I thought you were talking about the TSA online training.

Sidious

It wasn't a pre-employment test but during standardization we had a Comprehensive test that covered everything from Regs to systems to aerodynamics.

You had to get a 70% and it went in your record. We also had an instrument test that you had to get an 80% on.

Both were like 50 questions and as for the question of if they were hard; if you passed your CFI and you know the systems on your aircraft you'll be fine.

JulietBravo

On Call, On Demand
For our school, it was a basic "what do you know about flying" test. :D Consisted of different regs, the more important ones like 91.155, 91.205, etc.
Went over systems of the aircraft we fly, some hour and flight experience required under a 141 program, different endorsements for various ratings and some scenario questions like if your flying at night with a student and the landing light is out, can you fly? Just really basic stuff, nothing to throw you off too much.