135 xcountry time

braidkid

Hello all,
I have a question regarding logging cross country time for Part 135 operations. Unlike Part 61 where a cross country must be at least 50 miles, Part 135 you can log any flight to another airport as cross country. Therefore my question is....if I fly with a student to an airport just a few miles away and do maneuvering, stalls, etc along the way and the flight was 1.5 hours to the neighboring airport and back, does the entire 1.5 hours count towards the 135 cross country loggable time?
Thanks for any help...

[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,
I have a question regarding logging cross country time for Part 135 operations. Unlike Part 61 where a cross country must be at least 50 miles, Part 135 you can log any flight to another airport as cross country. Therefore my question is....if I fly with a student to an airport just a few miles away and do maneuvering, stalls, etc along the way and the flight was 1.5 hours to the neighboring airport and back, does the entire 1.5 hours count towards the 135 cross country loggable time?
Thanks for any help...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Sweet!!! Sounds too good to be true!!
Does the xcountry time for ATP have to be 50 miles or just to another airport as well?

[ QUOTE ]
Does the xcountry time for ATP have to be 50 miles or just to another airport as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another airport.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually...it has to be 50nm for the ATP. FAR 61.1(b)(3)(iv).
smile.gif

and for the atp thats 50 nm, no landing required.

They did this b/c a lot of ATP candidats are military pilots who flew sorties 100s of miles away, but came back to base and didnt land at a point 50 miles away from their departure.

So any time you fly 50 miles away at all it counts for the atp x county

Hmm, that I did not know. How do you go about proving that you were more than 50nm away when you depart and arrive at the same airport?

[ QUOTE ]
does the entire 1.5 hours count towards the 135 cross country loggable time?

[/ QUOTE ]

what MikeD said.

You can log cross country every time you land different than where you depart. Even if it is a mile away.

The part 61 requirements you reference are from the experience required in order to meet the requirements for a rating. so youcan have a million hours of xcntry of 20 miles per hop, but in that million hours you need to meet the milage as outlined in 61.109

there is no such delineation in the 135 regs.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, that I did not know. How do you go about proving that you were more than 50nm away when you depart and arrive at the same airport?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same way you "prove" that you took the flight in the first place. You write it down and they expect that you're honest.

Mike D. has it right. Weather you are flying 91, 135, etc. you can log X/C time however you wish. But if you want it to count towards the totals for a license you need to comply with the part 61 defintion of x/c time.

ATP's usually just log everything as x/c because it doesn't matter from that point on.

Back