135 VFR 206/207 (Homer, AK full time year round)

Josh Krebiehl

Smokey Bay Air operates year round as a 135 commuter airline. Flying will include daily flights to local villages, flight seeing trips, and bear viewing. We would place emphasis on someone who is willing to operate as a wildlife guide inside of several of the states national parks.

-Minumum flight time of 800 hours (1,000 preferred)
-Comfortable loading and unloading of aircraft quickly
-Excellent stick and rudder skills
-Comfortable with off airport operation

Pay will start at $45 dollars an hour with minimum monthly flight times set at 75 hrs per month. Applicants should expect 75-90 hours per month of flight time in the winter, and 100 hours per month of flight time in the summer.

Please send applications in the form of a PDF to the Chief pilot:

Josh@smokeybayair.com

http://www.smokeybayair.com

Smokey Bay is a cool outfit for the right person. There's a lot of very cool flying down there - if I was all out of debt and had a house in Homer, I'd probably be trying to do this - maybe when I retire. Honestly, Smokey Bay is cool flying, I hope you guys find someone good!

I see they are looking again. Anybody here have any experience there? Would seasonal work be an option? It looks really tough to find rentals in Homer, so relocating may be the only option?

Smokey Bay is a cool outfit for the right person. There's a lot of very cool flying down there - if I was all out of debt and had a house in Homer, I'd probably be trying to do this - maybe when I retire. Honestly, Smokey Bay is cool flying, I hope you guys find someone good!

This operator is a stand up operation. Personally know the CP. This ad is not a sugar coated like the ones for the place that used to be next door which is now out of bidness or that other place a few doors down. Beautiful area and the bear guiding thing is some of the most interesting and awesome work I've ever done in my life.

True renting a place in Homer can be expensive and difficult to find at first especially depending on what time of the year you show up but not impossible. Just axe around and be proactive. You can can find a nice place thats affordable and clean if you look.

Back