135 Furlough

Longrange

I have been put on Furlough along with three other crew members.
Have been told by company hope it will be short lived.
However, as a CE 500 PIC Type -ATP pilot flying as SIC with current 8410.

Does anyone know of places looking for SIC on CE 500 Series passenger lift preferred.

No fun man. If I may interject some humor, I hear Speaker Pelosi is mad at the military for not having a G5 at her beckon call. Maybe you can work that?

I have been put on Furlough along with three other crew members.
Have been told by company hope it will be short lived.
However, as a CE 500 PIC Type -ATP pilot flying as SIC with current 8410.

Does anyone know of places looking for SIC on CE 500 Series passenger lift preferred.

Do you work for CFM in Smyrna TN by chance?

An operation on my field flying a Citation SII just gets CFIs from the flight school I work at to fly SIC for free when they're short-handed. It infuriates me that they are taking potential work away from someone like you who is highly trained and would actually be useful in an emergency. Sorry to hear about your furlough.

Total Time
Pilot-In-Command

Multi-Engine
Instrument

Flight Instructor
Night

Cross Country (50nm+)
International
Turbine

An operation on my field flying a Citation SII just gets CFIs from the flight school I work at to fly SIC for free when they're short-handed. It infuriates me that they are taking potential work away from someone like you who is highly trained and would actually be useful in an emergency. Sorry to hear about your furlough.

what field is this? company? thats BS... even though its 91 (at least i hope its 91!)

someone needs to kick those CFI's in the {blank} for doing it for free.

The PIC flying the SII must have a single pilot exemption? If that's not the case and it's a Part 91 op....I doubt any insurance company would let that fly even though it is technically "legal" per the FARs (if 61.55 is met). If it's 135 charter...well, let's hope it's not that ;)

what field is this? company? thats BS... even though its 91 (at least i hope its 91!)

I'm not going to name names, but yes, they are part 91.

In principle, I agree with you. But on a practical level, how many pilots do you know who will respond positively to getting kicked in the {blank}? (I do know you were speaking figuratively.) Think about how ready people are on this forum to get into pissing matches whenever accusations and recriminations get thrown around; it seems to me much better to lead by example. I had the same SIC opportunity and turned it down; I hope my refusal to take "free" Citation SII SIC training and "free" multi-turbine time because it's wrong to work for free will mean more than simply admonishing those who decided otherwise.

The PIC flying the SII must have a single pilot exemption? If that's not the case and it's a Part 91 op....I doubt any insurance company would let that fly even though it is technically "legal" per the FARs (if 61.55 is met). If it's 135 charter...well, let's hope it's not that ;)

It's not 135, but neither of the typed pilots nor the aircraft are single-pilot certified. I don't know the details of their insurance, but insurance would only find out about this if there was an incident on one of these flights. And if you're taking MEIs, giving them 3 crash and dashes, and putting them in the right seat, you're probably also counting on not having a serious problem or emergency. Although maybe I'm wrong, and insurance is totally cool with it. I don't really know.

LOL. As right as you are, and as morally correct as flying guitar is, I bet if you were a low time CFI with no turbine time, very little multi time, you would do it for free too the first few times. You must put everything into perspective.
You can take the moral high ground, and I applaud you for your sacrifice for the better of the industry. The problem is that there is just too many who will do it, and it would suck if you lost out on a job because some one else had a few more hours of turbine time.

LOL. As right as you are, I bet if you were a low time CFI with no turbine time, you would do it for free too the first few times. You must put everything into perspective.

I still dont think its right. Guys like longrange are on the street while some kid is out doing this for free. Its just wrong and it bugs me.

I highly doubt its just a "few times" im sure the owner of the Citation has been doing this a while and probably isnt going to quit until he cant find any more suckers

It's not 135, but neither of the typed pilots nor the aircraft are single-pilot certified. I don't know the details of their insurance, but insurance would only find out about this if there was an incident on one of these flights. And if you're taking MEIs, giving them 3 crash and dashes, and putting them in the right seat, you're probably also counting on not having a serious problem or emergency. Although maybe I'm wrong, and insurance is totally cool with it. I don't really know.

You can get a single pilot exemption for an SII (from Simcom and others I'm sure) that insurance will accept.

Sorry about your furlough longrange.

If the pilot is single pilot certified, then why are they wasting thier time getting people in the right seat?

If the pilot is single pilot certified, then why are they wasting thier time getting people in the right seat?

It doesn't sound like these guys are single pilot certified, but even if they were they could pull the "well, I have my single pilot exemption so I don't really need you in the right seat, but because I'm a nice guy (or gal) I'll let you build SIC S550 time as long as we don't have to pay you." card. Bastards.

I guess if nothing else the owner of said part 91 operation could ask that they have a two pilot crew. Also, going to the Bahamas and such they still need an SIC because of ICAO regs.

Flyinguitar, I am glad you did the right thing IMO. I have done the same thing starting out and also did so later in my career. People need to do what they believe is right and can live with. I know when I upgrade or advance further in my career that it will be all the sweeter and rewarding and I didn't step on anyone's back to do it.

If the pilot has a single pilot authorization then can you even log SIC. I don't think you can

Back