135 and US Citizenship

BTAcola

Im going inquire about an applicant for the 135 company I work for on a part tiem basis. They want to hire him, however he is not a US Citizen... Australian. He does have permenant residency however. I do KNOW that he can work for us, however, is it possible for him to assume the duties of Chief pilot? Or is Chief Pilot considered Management of 135, if we include it as non management title. If that makes sense? The duties would be responsible of pilots, not the daily operations of the company. I might be trying to get around the rules per say, but, that is why im starting on here, and then the POI/FSDO to make sure we do things in check ya know.

Long story short... Non US Citizen, but permenant resident. Can they assume duties of Chief Pilot of a part 135 company? or is it a "NO EXCEPTION" must be US Citizen?

Thanks

He can be the chief if he has 3 years 135 experience in the last 10 years.

OK. Do you have a res. number for that? FAR? or was this just from memory. Thanks for your help. Meeting with the FSDO next week for discussions. Any help you guys have would be appreciated.

ohh, btw, its 3 years of experience in the last 6 years under 121, or 135, and if its an initial then he needs 3 years as PIC under 121/135

ohh, btw, its 3 years of experience in the last 6 years under 121, or 135, and if its an initial then he needs 3 years as PIC under 121/135

Awesome, thanks guys! I know hes got a couple of years under his belt, just not sure how much. He might even see this and respond anyways. But if he does see this before monday, then.. you know who you are... welcome aboard! :)

Back