Can I get in on that? I fly WATRS airspace on occasion, although not as frequently as I used to.
#widebodybizjetpilotproblems
99-large.jpg

;) :D

In the Bahamas those conversations take place on 122.8, Which happens to be the frequency for the whole country! Except for the three 'towered' airports.

In the Bahamas those conversations take place on 122.8, Which happens to be the frequency for the whole country! Except for the three 'towered' airports.

What do you mean!? I got cleared to land by Treasure Cay tower on 122.8. We even paid a control tower fee! You mean I coulda told them to screw off and done what I pleased?

PS...sarcasm. I know they're not a real tower. It's just funny to hear them act like one. A CJ pilot got all butthurt one day when he called (and waited a minute or so) for taxi clearance and I just went on ahead of him. "Tower" rectified the situation by telling him to turn around before the end of the runway and depart in front of us. Then he climbed VFR through an overcast layer...

What do you mean!? I got cleared to land by Treasure Cay tower on 122.8. We even paid a control tower fee! You mean I coulda told them to screw off and done what I pleased?

PS...sarcasm. I know they're not a real tower. It's just funny to hear them act like one. A CJ pilot got all butthurt one day when he called (and waited a minute or so) for taxi clearance and I just went on ahead of him. "Tower" rectified the situation by telling him to turn around before the end of the runway and depart in front of us.

Hehe "island time."

I think the problem with using Fingers as the oceanic air-air is that it has been the universal international BS frequency for so long, it's hard to get people out of the BS mindset. It'd be nice if there was a serious freq and a BS freq, but that's already kind of how it is (guard and 123.45). If more freqs were added pilots would start running out of radios to monitor them on (or just refuse to do it).

Maybe every airline cockpit could get a CB? :D

Then he climbed VFR through an overcast layer...

Classy.

Back