12 month A&P schools?

Parkite

I'd like to get my A&P license as quickly as possible. What is the fastest and most cost effective way to do this? Will relocate anywhere. It seems as though most programs take 18 to 24 months. However I found this school has a 12 month program for $10400: http://www.mvcc.edu/academics/departments/ett/arfrmpwrplnt.cfm I have California residency and would prefer to stay here, but so far have not found a school with a fast track program. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I believe the University of Alaska offers a twelve month program as well. You may already know this, but the FAA has a searchable database of all the approved 147 schools at http://av-info.faa.gov/MaintenanceSchool.asp .

Twelve months is a very short time for the amount of material and skills you'll be learning. You'll probably be in class for eight hours a day, and then studying (or riveting or welding or sewing or painting) until bedtime, so keep that in mind if you have family or are planning on working. I didn't go through a twelve-month program myself, but there might be someone else on here who did and can give you an better idea of the workload.

I'd like to get my A&P license as quickly as possible. What is the fastest and most cost effective way to do this? Will relocate anywhere. It seems as though most programs take 18 to 24 months. However I found this school has a 12 month program for $10400: http://www.mvcc.edu/academics/departments/ett/arfrmpwrplnt.cfm I have California residency and would prefer to stay here, but so far have not found a school with a fast track program. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just make sure the school has at least 1900 hours.

check out illinois i know they have a 12 month programm. dont know the school name.
pluse there are a few palces where you can work on the side too. that like students from there....

Twelve months is a very short time for the amount of material and skills you'll be learning. You'll probably be in class for eight hours a day, and then studying (or riveting or welding or sewing or painting) until bedtime, so keep that in mind if you have family or are planning on working. I didn't go through a twelve-month program myself, but there might be someone else on here who did and can give you an better idea of the workload.

I don't have a family and plan to do nothing but concentrating on doing this.

check out illinois i know they have a 12 month programm. dont know the school name.
pluse there are a few palces where you can work on the side too. that like students from there....

There is a program near Granite City, IL (about 45 minutes southeast of St. Louis, MO) and the name of the school is Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC). I can get your the name of the instructor there but if you go to www.swic.edu I somehow think that you could get the idea. If you are ex-military the school is VA approved.

I teach on the pilot side of the house.

Southwestern Illinois College sounds like a good option. They have a 12 month program for $17700.

What do you plan on doing with your A&P certificate?

There are several reasons why I would like to do this.
-I enjoy working on aircraft and have done an extensive restoration on my Grumman AA1 under A&P supervision.
-Some day I hope to build an RV7. Having the license would certainly be a benefit there.
-Now is an excellent time to improve my qualifications considering the current job market for pilots.
-There is a chance to get a pilot/mechanic position with a company such as Dynamic Aviation

I just talked to the program director at Southwestern Illinois College. Apparently it is very easy to obtain the in-state residency status. All that is necessary is to live in the area for 30 days! The in-state total cost is only $8500. That includes books, tools and exam fees. Plus the program is intended to be completed in 50 weeks. Classes start every 10 weeks. Thanks for tip on that one braunpilot!

I went through SWIC, 50 weeks (or 100 if you want to do part time) 7a - 320pm monday-friday. It is the shortest FAA Part 147 school out there (scheduled in at 1904 hours). Granite City is a "unique community". I recommend living in the district like Glen Carbon, Edwardsville, Alton, Caseyville, Ofallon, IL, Fairview Heights, etc. To get in-district tuition, you must have lived at an address for 30days in district. This is your cheapest alt. I did this school for under $6k in 2003. Great Staff, great opportunities in either corporate or airline in STL. After graduation I have two jobs at both an corporate outfit (parttime) and an airline (fulltime). Tons of schalorships to file through to help you out, tons of time to work a 4p-11pm job (almost everyone there worked a 2nd shift). Hit me up if you want the inside scoop.

I went through SWIC, 50 weeks (or 100 if you want to do part time) 7a - 320pm monday-friday. It is the shortest FAA Part 147 school out there (scheduled in at 1904 hours). Granite City is a "unique community". I recommend living in the district like Glen Carbon, Edwardsville, Alton, Caseyville, Ofallon, IL, Fairview Heights, etc. To get in-district tuition, you must have lived at an address for 30days in district. This is your cheapest alt. I did this school for under $6k in 2003. Great Staff, great opportunities in either corporate or airline in STL. After graduation I have two jobs at both an corporate outfit (parttime) and an airline (fulltime). Tons of schalorships to file through to help you out, tons of time to work a 4p-11pm job (almost everyone there worked a 2nd shift). Hit me up if you want the inside scoop.

Thanks for the info. Everything I've heard so far has been positive. I plan to start this next semester.

I believe the University of Alaska offers a twelve month program as well. You may already know this, but the FAA has a searchable database of all the approved 147 schools at http://av-info.faa.gov/MaintenanceSchool.asp .

Yeah, I think UAF has a program.

tons of time to work a 4p-11pm job (almost everyone there worked a 2nd shift
Wow. I remember a couple of years ago, I was surprised to hear that a twelve month program even existed. Now I hear that you have plenty of time during that program to work, too? Why, back in my day, we spent all our after-school hours lacing wire bundles, safety wiring turnbuckles, and reciting logbook entries for practice! And we liked it! Next thing you'll be telling me is that they have manuals on computer now instead of microfiche.

Wow. I remember a couple of years ago, I was surprised to hear that a twelve month program even existed. Now I hear that you have plenty of time during that program to work, too? Why, back in my day, we spent all our after-school hours lacing wire bundles, safety wiring turnbuckles, and reciting logbook entries for practice! And we liked it! Next thing you'll be telling me is that they have manuals on computer now instead of microfiche.
Whatever, grandpa.

Just kidding.

I live near MVCC and am a little bit familiar with the program, and certainly the area.

It is a new program but seemingly a successful one, they also seem to have a relationship with Empire Aero for work as well. PM me for more info..

I just talked to the program director at Southwestern Illinois College. Apparently it is very easy to obtain the in-state residency status. All that is necessary is to live in the area for 30 days! The in-state total cost is only $8500. That includes books, tools and exam fees. Plus the program is intended to be completed in 50 weeks. Classes start every 10 weeks. Thanks for tip on that one braunpilot!

I have also been looking into various aviation professions; thus why I am reading this thread!

Anyway, I am in Illinios & that is great info that it only takes 30 days to establish residency here (I'm still technically a California resident)

Rock Valley College in Rockford, Illinois has a two-year program for about $3000 per year.

http://www.rockvalleycollege.edu/Academics/Tech/aviation.cfm

I worked with a couple guys that got mechanic certs. at Rock Valley.

Back