$100 Hamburger in Tampa/St. Pete area?

aeronaut

Title says it all. Searched high and low and the few pilots I've spoken to in central FL haven't a clue. Thanks!

There's a restaurant at the Orlando Exec Airport that's pretty good...altho it was years (!) ago that i last went there... i would hope it would still be open. fairly pricey from what i recall...

It's a bit north of TPA, but try Cedar Key (CDK). The taxi will pick you up at the airport and take you downtown for $10 one-way, or you can walk... only about a mile or so. Check out Airnav for some reviews. Several restaurants, great seafood on the water.

It's a bit north of TPA, but try Cedar Key (CDK). The taxi will pick you up at the airport and take you downtown for $10 one-way, or you can walk... only about a mile or so. Check out Airnav for some reviews. Several restaurants, great seafood on the water.
CDK for the win!

If you come in at 11pm, a fat redneck drunk will pick you up and give you the golfcart for the night.

just drive with your lights on, or you'll get pulled over!:D

If you don't mind a little bit of walking, land at KSPG (Albert Whitted) and head to the Pier. Depending on when you come, I might even be able to meet you there. There's a restaurant (just regular bar food) on an open air deck up top that overlooks the airport.

CDK for the win!

If you come in at 11pm, a fat redneck drunk will pick you up and give you the golfcart for the night.

just drive with your lights on, or you'll get pulled over!:D

...a fat redneck drunk will pick you up ...

Hey! that's my ex-girlfriend!

Cedar key is a neat place--kind of like the Keys but on the west coast.

Re: mugs and jugs--fwiw, the original Hooters is on route 60 in Clearwater.

If you like a good Jewish Diner--Lenny's on US 19 just north of 60 is good--say hi to Tab for me.

Skyway Jacks is good, have the pork brains and eggs--with beans--say hi to Cyndi for me.

If you hit Peter O Knight, go to Ybor City and hit Carmine's. Please don't mention my name.

If you hit Albert Whitted, take 34'th street north about 4 miles to El Cap.
Rumor has it that betting on sports games goes on there.

As for KORL, the only restaurant is at showalter featuring a coffee machine, a coke machine and a disabled popcorn machine. HOWEVER, there is hope.....
For tube tops, boob jobs and burgers, get a cab to Johnny;s Filling Station--about 3 miles south on Michigan. Tell em "tim who pisses off the rapper dudes by playing country music on the juke box sent you" and if they don't kick you out, the burgers are good and on Sunday's and Thursdays it's buy 10 wings regular price get 10 more for a dollar. If you are pressed for time, take a cab about 2 miles west to thorton park to wildside barbeque....the blonde barmaid has AMAZING ti....personality and the food is good... the BLT burger is good.

b.

Seafood to sandwiches at a decent price at Volo Aviation(KFPR) They also have reasonable fuel prices. I recommend the club sandwich:clap:

If you like a good Jewish Diner--Lenny's on US 19 just north of 60 is good--say hi to Tab for me.

Skyway Jacks is good, have the pork brains and eggs--with beans--say hi to Cyndi for me.

If you hit Peter O Knight, go to Ybor City and hit Carmine's. Please don't mention my name.

As for KORL, the only restaurant is at showalter featuring a coffee machine, a coke machine and a disabled popcorn machine. HOWEVER, there is hope.....
For tube tops, boob jobs and burgers, get a cab to Johnny;s Filling Station--about 3 miles south on Michigan. Tell em "tim who pisses off the rapper dudes by playing country music on the juke box sent you" and if they don't kick you out, the burgers are good and on Sunday's and Thursdays it's buy 10 wings regular price get 10 more for a dollar. If you are pressed for time, take a cab about 2 miles west to thorton park to wildside barbeque....the blonde barmaid has AMAZING ti....personality and the food is good... the BLT burger is good.

b.

I have to second Lenny's - that place is intense. Where else can you get two fried eggs, traditional home fries, a basket of danishes, with a chicken fried steak? You won't eat the rest of the day, though.

b.

Damn, I'd think spending a Friday night drinkin with you would be entertaining for sure! :beer:

I know, it's great. Was there last August.

If you don't mind a little bit of walking, land at KSPG (Albert Whitted) and head to the Pier. Depending on when you come, I might even be able to meet you there. There's a restaurant (just regular bar food) on an open air deck up top that overlooks the airport.

Sounds like that might work. Thanks! I'll be over there friday for lunch.

If you want the CDK taxi lady's phone number PM me. Her name is Judy. You could walk into town if you've got time for a stroll. I've taken a couple of dates there when I was in college. Plenty of restaurants to choose from.

CGC Crystal River has a Dairy Queen right next to the FBO :laff:.

VNC is a good little airport to fly to as well. Sharkeys is right on the coast and about mile walk from the airport but well worth it, they have some darn good food there. Just keep an eye on the Tango Charlies when you fly in, they have a tendency to want to follow their own rules...

Back