10 month question

shooter13

Has anyone done the 10 month program that doesn't live in one of the sities offered? I live in Charleston SC. Around me are Jacksonville and also Atlanta. They are 4 and 5 hours away respectively. Does anyone ever commute to the program?

I've had a few people PM me about that, and I'm not sure how it would work. You need to devote 2-3 days, plus a couple of evenings every week for ground school and night flights. Considering you are driving 4+ hours and paying for a hotel, that's going to get rough.

I wouldn't have to pay for the hotel. I have family in both cities but the drive could be a real problem.

What if I could drive Thursday night after work. Spend Fri, Sat and Sun there. Any chance that may work?

[ QUOTE ]
What if I could drive Thursday night after work. Spend Fri, Sat and Sun there. Any chance that may work?

[/ QUOTE ]
The 10 month program was developed to accomodate schedules such as yours. You can work out a schedule with you instructor. The 10-month timeframe is just an example. You can finish in 4 or 5 months if you wish. A 3-on, 4-off schedule would work just fine.

Agreed, thats a solid three days a week and would work well. The 10-month duration is just a suggestion; the two students I had in the 10 month program finished in significantly less time.

I work a 4-4 schedule so when I do start the program I should finish in less than 10 months. I live a little over an hour away from their Raliegh, NC location. Can you get Sallie Mae loans for ATP? Would rather have to borrow from Key Bank.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you get Sallie Mae loans for ATP? Would rather have to borrow from Key Bank.

[/ QUOTE ]
ATP can help you with the Key Bank process. I believe they are Sallie Mae loans.

ATP will assist you in the loan application process, and uses both Sallie Mae and Key loans.

As far as a schedule, you work it out with your instructor. My schedule is already full most weekends with short programs, so if I were assigned a 10-month student I'd try to work with them during the week.

Back