$10,000 bonus for new controllers

FlaGurl24

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard about this. In last month's Reader's Digest, there was an article about air traffic control and it mentioned that in addition to the other bonuses that will be offered to experienced controllers, new controllers will receive a $10,000 bonus.

I couldn't believe it, but I am trying to confirm this with others. Does anyone know anything about this.:confused:

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard about this. In last month's Reader's Digest, there was an article about air traffic control and it mentioned that in addition to the other bonuses that will be offered to experienced controllers, new controllers will receive a $10,000 bonus.

I couldn't believe it, but I am trying to confirm this with others. Does anyone know anything about this.:confused:
its bogus....the closest thing to a bonus is VRA (military) hires get a 20k bonus

I got a fortune cookie today that said "You will receive a payment from an unexpected source"

hmm.....

Man, this 10k would help if it were true (but I highly doubt it is true)... especially considering that I have to PAY my current employer to quit my job, since they have reimbursed me for college tuition and I have signed an agreement to that effect.

I'm in the same boat, I could definitely use that money!

I wonder where Reader's Digest got their information from. I doubt they would make it up.

I'm in the same boat, I could definitely use that money!

I wonder where Reader's Digest got their information from. I doubt they would make it up.

I am not so sure about that. I mean they did say the financial incentives are getting better because they thought there was a 10k bonus...forget the fact that there was a 30k per year cut in pay, the imaginary 10k bonus should more than make up for that :banghead:

Back